Hospice Palliative Care Association of South Africa (HPCA) is a national organisation operating in all nine provinces in South Africa with 134 members and affiliated hospices countrywide.
Job Title: District Adherence Club Coordinator
Job Location: Mpumalanga.
Technical Assistance and Support
- Provide technical assistance to the Adherence Club Facilitator
- Assure education for patients focusing on adherence club data and tracking
- Liaise and support Provincial Managers, CASTAs and other members/ partners with the establishment of adherence clubs
- Provide technical assistance to districts/CBOs to find suitable and sustainable venues for community adherence clubs
Access to medications at community adherence club
- Provide technical assistance to districts to facilitate distribution of pre-packed medications to community adherence clubs
- Support Adherence Club Facilitators in planning and organising the distribution of pre-packed medications to patients attending adherence clubs
- Assist CASTAs in the follow up for viral load testing and mobilisation of CBOs and WBOTs to track lost to follow up patients
Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting
- Monthly reporting on all established clubs in line with identified data requirements
- Review adherence club register tally sheet
Adherence Club Development
- Participate in quality improvement and assurance initiatives for CaSIPO
- Implement client engagement opportunities and assessment of access needs of quality improvement
- Relevant tertiary qualification in Health or Social Services, Community Development
- Minimum of three years’ experience working in Public Health in the field of HIV/AIDS
- Bilingual in two languages
- Innovative Thinking
- Communication Skills
- Conflict Handling
- Building Collaborative Partnerships
- Customer Centric Focus
- Technical/ Professional Knowledge, Skills and Expertise
To apply, submit a detailed CV, covering letter and names of three contactable references including email contact to [email protected]
Only applicants residing within or in close proximity of the advertised districts and applicants with a valid driver’s licence will be considered.
Preference will be given to suitably qualified candidates from the designated groups in line with the provisions of the Employment Equity Act, No. 55 of 1998 (and any amendments thereto), the relevant internal recruitment policy as well as the organisation’s employment equity plan.
Application Deadline: 20th July, 2018