The HP Inc. Africa team is looking for an energetic self-motivated individual willing to work on complex and challenging projects in an entrepreneurial environment.
As part of the Africa team you will be joining a large cross-functional team of individuals with diverse origins & cultures and you will be working closely with the sales & marketing organisations.
Key success factor in the role will be defined by your ability to strengthen HP's leadership position for your Product category(ies).
- Deep understanding of the Computing category product, business management and sales challenges and strategies.
- Actively contributes to the definition of the category business plan.
- Establishes relationships and represents team with sales force and other partners at senior level.
- Product line and quota responsibility for a significant share of the product range, or a specific customer segment.
- Functional responsibility for the team in one or several areas (market analysis, marketing engagement, SF communication etc.)
- May lead a subset of the team. May lead overall engagement with one or several sales teams.
- May lead engagement / partnership with external IT vendor.
- Solution selling with high complexity. Focus on one BU / with multiple product lines.
Education and Experience Required:
- University or Bachelor's degree in Marketing or Finance; advanced degree or MBA preferred.
- Typically 5-8 years of professional experience with a combination of Marketing, Sales, Business Planning experienced preferred.
- Typically 5 years of experience in Computing Category in East Africa countries
- Consumer and/or Commercial Partner management expertise / End User Account management as an alternative.
Knowledge and Skills Required
- Good understanding of the IT Channel and familiarity with the intricacies of a large complex channel & corporate accounts
- Business planning skills, multidimensional
- Financial planning and modelling skills, comfortable to manage high complexity business planning and reporting
- Strong communication skills at senior management internally and externally
- Knowledge of promotional marketing processes and practices.
- Negotiation skills and ability to frame the product value proposition to customers/partners
- Leadership skills and cross functional expertise (sales, supply chain, marketing)
- Strong team work & collaboration skills