Job Location: Sandton, South Africa
Direct and Indirect Tax Analyst-1233409
- Provides complex, direct and indirect tax analysis for a financial function
- Establishes and maintains relationships with external tax advisors, local tax regulator and internal stakeholders to guide and influence tax compliance within a limited scope.
- Provides analytic support for tax audits and queries, representing controllership and tax
- Supports policy and process improvement and identifies opportunities.
- Identifies issues and proposes solutions to a more senior individual contributor or manager.
- Represents controllership on cross functional teams.
- Provides tax related mentoring and guidance to other analysts.
- Contributes to priority projects in both the tax compliance and accounting areas.
- Researches tax laws and regulations; summarizes for review by a more senior individual contributor or manager and documents company-wide tax systems.
- Participates in tax audits by gathering requested documents and reports.
Direct and Indirect Tax Analyst
As a Direct and Indirect Tax Analyst you will be the main point of contact for all local tax issues, representing HP South Africa Finance
internally and externally. You will be responsible for tax planning and reporting, integrity of various direct and indirect tax returns, ensuring compliance with internal and external policies and laws.
Directs and sets the organization’s
Tax Policy. Organizes and directs the tax research and tax compliance activities. This role oversees the preparation and review of tax returns and related reports to ensure compliance with all local tax statues and regulations by properly interpreting tax laws and regulations to minimize tax liability
to the company.
Education and Experience Required:
- First level university degree with a focus in business or finance.
- Higher Diploma in Taxation (HDip Tax).
- Typically 4+ years of experience as a tax analyst, preferably in a multinational corporation and/or in the tax department of a recognized auditing firm.
- Typically experienced in more than one finance function.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Strong understanding of accounting principles and financial analysis.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong business application skills (e.g., Microsoft Excel).
- Strong communication and influencing skills.
- Excellent teamwork skills
- Good business acumen
Job – Finance
Primary Location – South Africa-South Africa-Sandton
Schedule – Full-time
Job Type – Early Career
Shift – Day Job
Travel – No
Job ID: 1233409
Click here to apply online