Posted on :
13 Feb, 2014
13 Feb, 2014
At Unilever, we are looking to expand our Talent Pool of Human Resource Business Partners Assistants/HR Generalists located at our Pietermaritzburg and Durban Factories.
We act fast to anticipate our consumer needs, fast to translate ideas into new products, and fast to make, distribute and market them. We create products that people enjoy, trust and use as part of their daily lives. Which is why, as part of Unilever, you could make an impact on a global and local scale.
We look for people with different views, ideas, experiences and backgrounds to bring dynamism to the business and, most importantly, an empathy with consumers. It’s these people working together that make Unilever one of the most successful consumer goods companies in the world. People with the courage to be heard, seize opportunities and take risks.
Could it be U?
Human Resources Business Partner /HR Generalist
THIS POSITION IS OPENED TO SOUTH AFRICAN APPLICANTS ONLY!
Relevant HR related degree
Minimum 3-5 years Factory/Manufacturing Human Resources experience
Experience of working with Unions
Business Process Design and Management
Purpose of the role:
1. Supports the implementation of HR strategy to the business by ensuring that the HR delivery is fully aligned to business goals in their area of business
2. Supports managers and teams in business delivery through enhancing their capability to deliver Strategy Into Action (SIA) components, manage their people, implement change and build relations with key stakeholders (internal and external)
3. Utilises the talent development process and tools delivered by the Expertise Teams in order to provide and develop the diverse talent pipeline for the short term needs of the company
4. Collaborates with the business for the creation a high performance culture by supporting the implementation of team and organisation design solutions
5. Brings HR insight (including Employee and Industrial Relations) to bear on all people related issues (people, capabilities, organisation, leadership and culture)
6. Facilitates HR service delivery to the business
1. Supports the activation of the local Human Resources plan (including the talent component)
2. Supports the activation of the Talent strategy for the business by developing insight and analysis of people related business issues and opportunities (by utilising global solutions, e.g. Talent Management tools/ processes and diversity metrics, etc)
3. Helps the HR BP Manager to implement change initiatives to deliver enhanced organisational effectiveness within the business
4. Supports the collection of Human Resources/Organisation Effectiveness metrics and measurement for the business across HR lifecycle
5. Helps to monitor and to address legal compliance issues to ensure that the organisation complies with local and national laws.
6. Supports the business with Employee & Industrial Relations (ER/ IR by having knowledge of legislative requirements , an understanding of impact on the organisation and develops a relationship with works council/ unions, government/regulatory bodies, community, etc)
7. Interfaces with HR service provider for delivery of core HR services to the business monitors Quality and timeliness of service provision
8. Escalates HR service provision issues through HR BP Managers Encourages groups and individuals to work collaboratively by focusing on the common purpose of the team.
Please note: as part of the job application, you will be asked to complete an online assessment. Completion of the assessment is mandatory in order to be considered. Please allow yourself plenty of time to complete both the application and assessment. If the assessment is filled out partially or not at all, it will adversely affect the progress of your application. Please be aware that you will have to complete the assessment at once as you will be unable to return to it later.