Overberg District municipal employees come from a range of different backgrounds but they share a commitment to improving the quality of life for the local community. We are an equal opportunities employer and we offer corresponding salary packages.
As municipal employees, we ascribe to the values as underpinned by Batho Pele, a Sesotho word which means “People First”.
This initiative was launched in 1997 to transform the Public Service at all levels.
Batho Pele was launched because post 1994 South Africa inherited a public service that was not people-friendly and lacked the skills and attitudes to meet the developmental challenges facing the country.
We have a position of an HR internship.
- All inclusive remuneration package: R66 000.00 per annum.
- An internship is currently available in Human Resource Management section for a
- candidate to gain practical experience in local government for only one year.
- project is an initiative of the Department of Local Government Western Cape and is
- aimed at individuals who have recently obtained a relevant tertiary qualification, as
- mentioned below.
• B. degree in Human Resources or equivalent qualification
• Computer literacy in MS Word and MS Excel with practical experience
• Valid code B driver’s licence will be an advantage
• Applicants must be literate in at least two of the three official languages of the
• Good written and verbal communication skills
Closing date: 30 January 2018
Application forms are available at all ODM offices. Completed application forms, accompanied by CV’s and certified copies of required documents, are to be returned to the Human Resources Section, Private Bag X22, Bredasdorp 7280. Applications with no proof of requirements met will not be processed.
Overberg District Municipality is an Equal Opportunity employer. Candidates from
designated groups are encouraged to apply.
If no notification is received within 90 days of the closing date, please regard your
application as unsuccessful. The right not to make an appointment or to re-advertise is