Posted on :
30 Jan, 2012
30 Jan, 2012
Job Title: HR Operations Specialist
Location: Maydon Wharf
Open to SA citizens only!
* Relevant Degree/Btech qualification
* Minimum 4-5 years experience in a similar role.
Manufacturing background would be preferred.
* People moves
– Run monthly movement report and complete the People
– Moves announcements by the 2nd Friday of every month. This needs to be approved by the HRBP prior to sending to Communications team
* Data Management
– Prepare and complete mass upload templates for major data changes and send to HRBP. (eg. Bulk data changes etc)
– Request changes to Master Reference Data where required by re-organisations (eg. Location changes)
– Track and chase up the actioning of data changes with Peoplelink
– Run monthly position allocation reports, organise the data by Function / Org Unit and share info for revision with the HRBP. Check all vacant positions to see which need to be delimited and which are true vacancies
– Ensure that the Line Manager or HRBP (data corrections) actions the JDC / MLJ as a result of people moves and changes
– Receive requests for data cleansing from regional & global teams for specific projects and work with the HRBP to resolve (via data change management)
– Provide/ consolidate key HR information for their HRBP group (e.g. people moves, diversity stats, PDPs, listing nominations, LDT) and other HR processes (e.g. functional resource committees, learning plans and manpower plans) and audit requirements
– Obtain and consolidate key performance indicators from third parties, at the request of the HRBP eg. active vacancies, turnover, regretted losses, temps per function.
– Complete the monthly headcount tracker with permanent headcount and temp numbers
– Run reports as per request of the HRBP (terminations, new hires, position allocation, employee data etc).
* International Assignees
– Completion of Initiation Form to trigger the expat process (new IA or extension of contract)
– Check HR Ops Inbox daily to ensure check for any updates from EY regarding IA’s.
– Assist EY (local) with any signatories required for Work Permit extension letters, obtaining job description and any other requirements for General Work permit
– Highlight and resolve issues in the processing of international assignments, escalating significant issues to HRBP/ SDM/ IMM
– Assist with track and chase on exits with the IA / STA and LM
– Provide information to E&Y and the Line Manager at the request of the HRBP
– Make proactive recommendations to improve the IM process
* Business adoption & Process Improvement (inc Service Delivery)
– Induction of all new employees – includes educating them on the outsourced model and ways of working with Peoplelink, ensuring that they understand where to find forms & processes on the portal
– Driving the reduction of non actionables in functions by tracking the non actionables, following up with the employee who receives a non actionable to ensure they understand the correct process, identifying trends in non actionables and putting together a solution to reduce trends of non actionables
– Make proactive recommendations to improve the data management and operational processes (including international mobility, and other ET processes)
– Champion HRT processes in the team supported – acting as a super user, facilitating understanding of processes, tools, portal, roles and responsibilities. These roles will only support HRBPs and will only take on work for employees and Line Managers directly e.g. rolling out new process explanations with the help and support of the HRBPs
– Roll out of new system’s in functions eg. Softscape, new e-reward etc. Be a superuser and able to provide desk side support to ensure that the business are able to adopt the new systems
– Support their SDM in managing service demand, by being the ”ear to the ground” on major changes and volumes coming up from their HRBP community
– Raise issues with the service delivery process through escalations to their HRBP and Service Delivery community
– Consolidate service delivery issues in team and escalate to the Service Delivery Manager
– Inform HRBP of changes in the Service Delivery process and highlight implications. This will come via the SDM.
– Ensure that employee & line manager are aware of the exit process (employee to trigger termination of employment form; line manager to complete leaver form on My Team Forms and submit with the termination of employment form)
– Ensure employee receives clearance exit docs prior to them physical leaving and advise them of exit process. Ensuring exit medical at site is completed.
– Should the employee owe money to Unilever, ensure AOD is signed and follow up on recovery of funds.
– In the case of Death in Service, assist the Line Manager with the exit process & obtaining clearance documents.
– Conduct exit interview for MT and HP2 WL1 C/CU when necessary or by request of HRBP
Complete request for Retrenched/CIER calculations; submit to HRBP for action.
* Workforce Admin
– Ensure reporting lines on SAP are correct to enable the activation of ESS (Leave, Time & Attendance and Overtime). Handle queries and support.
– Follow up with Line Manager to ensure MLJ has been actioned and advise of the onboarding document on the portal
– Support employees for application of loans (education, calamity, home)
– Receive Garnishees orders from sheriff, sign receipt and inform EE, submit to PL for action
– Ensure the Maternity leave is actioned and salary reduced accordingly before payroll cutoff.
* Onboarding of new employees (done at the beginning of the month for all Head Office staff – HO HR Ops to rotate)
– Ensure all hire pack forms & medical aid forms have been sent to Peoplelink.
– Take employee through the Peoplelink outsourced model
– Onboard the employee on the portal, where to find forms & process guides
– LMS – guide the employee on the use of LMS. Ensure that they are aware of the need to register for Defensive Driving (if WL2+) and SHE induction
– Take the employee through the reward & benefits page
– High level overview of PDP process & Compass
– If WL2+, provide high level overview of the recruitment process
– Provide all new employees with training on ESS (application of leave)
– Advise new employees of TES system for processing of expense claims
– Ensure that LM is clear on necessary authorities wrt compensation changes that are outside of policy, etc.
– Support and coach LM with oscar process and understanding of relevant signatories
– Suppoprt HRBP in staff cascades on Reward communication and initiatives
– April Review – Receive download, check info and ensure all people accounted for, input increase parameters as per guidelines, and send to HRBP for ratification and sign off.
– October Review – Receive download of Management Trainees, check info and ensure all people accounted for, input increase parameters as per guidelines, and send to HRBP for ratification and sign off.
– Temporary recruitment – Send LM employee requistion, obtain HRBP support, liase with agencies, brief agencies, sort CVs, advise on salary if needed, support line in shortlist and if necessary interviews.
– Update and monitor temporary and fixed-term contractors employees per function on mthly tracker for audit purposes to manage risk and cost.
– Assist and support LM with loading vacancy on Vurv – tracking down job description, necessary position number info.
– Track and chase progress and resolution of blockages to open recruitment process
– Monitor the Recruitment report and track recruitment ensuring regular meetings with recruiters
– Support line manager in interviewing of WL1 recruitment where necessary
* Project – Ad Hoc
– Roll out of PS v9 to HRBP’s and business
Support Project lead with any work related to payroll outsource & roll out of new T&A
– Tax reference number project – ensuring that all employees have either provided a tax reference number or have applied for a tax reference number
Closing date 9 February 2012
For any recruitment queries please call 0800980612