CSIR Human Resources (HR) function of Shared Services has vacancies for Human Resources Administrators. The incumbents will provide secretarial and administration support to HR managers and HR groups to ensure the efficient and effectivesmooth running of the HR department. They will coordinate with various staff members (including remote staff) at different levels (i.e. employees, team leaders, research group leaders, competency area managers, etc.) for HR operational support activities of the unit; serve as liaison between competency areas and HR managers and practitioners to ensure the efficient and effective smooth running of the HR department. The positions are based in Pretoria.
- Manage the HR manager’s office by ensuring diary management; do travel and accommodation arrangements; have documentation ready for meetings; manage and control the department’s stationery; coordinate equipment maintenance; and manage the telephonic communication.
- Establish and maintain an efficient and effective filing system (electronic and paper), and receive and dispatch documentation through a mechanism to track documentation flow to ensure document management.
- Produce documents by using all required software, including presentations; and document formatting, spreadsheets, etc. for the department.
- Arrange meetings and events including the venue, refreshments, invites, equipment, etc. according to the needs of the department, for example induction.
- Draft agendas for meetings and/or take minutes in line with specific meeting purpose and objective; and make follow-ups on actions to be taken.
- Manage information by downloading data and reporting on HR data on a monthly basis to ensure the reliability of the HR department’s data.
- Coordinate data for work skills plan and annual training plan by completing the required templates and assisting with the capturing of data annual skills development plan and annual skills training plan to comply with legislation and Employment Equity plan.
- Assist HR practitioners with compilation of Approval to Recruit and Approval to appoint forms, and ensure that these are signed off and forwarded to the Recruitment Centre for processing.
- Ensure that timesheets for temporary employees are submitted and processed on time.
- Coordinate payroll audit certificates and ensure that HR practitioners check and sign on time for submission to payroll.
- Follow up on outstanding invoices and check if invoices have been paid.
- Coordinate and align operating units’ (OUs) annual calendar with CSIR HR annual calendar.
- Coordinate the on-boarding process of OUs.
- Support HR practitioners on review, reporting of Human Capacity Development pipeline, bursary holders, Research Professional Development Programme (RPDP), scholarships, DST/ NRF interns, etc.
- Perform other tasks and assignments: Administrative support relating to career ladder process; job profiling; interim salary increases approvals; excellence awards project plans adjudication process; and HR-related workshop arrangements.
- Any other delegated HR administrative functions/activities at the level of an HR administrator.
Qualifications, skills and experience:
- A national diploma or Bachelor’s degree in administration or an HR-related field.
- Three years’ senior secretarial experience/administrative experience in an HR environment.
- Service orientation.
- A good relationship builder.
- A self-reliant person who uses his/her own discretion/initiative.
- Problem-solving skills.
- Ability to exercise tact and good judgement with highly sensitive information.
- Organising skills.
- Knowledge of ISO9001 standards.
- Working knowledge of CSIR systems, including DMS, procurement, Workflow will be an added advantage.
How to Apply
Click here to apply online
Closing date: 30 April 2014
PLEASE NOTE THAT FEEDBACK WILL BE GIVEN TO SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES ONLY.
Should you experience any problems in submitting your application, please contact the CSIR Recruitment Centre at Recruitmentqueries@csir.co.za. Please do not submit your application to this mailbox.
The CSIR gives preference to candidates who meet the job requirements and who will add to the cultural and gender diversity of the organisation. By applying for this position at the CSIR, the applicant understands, consents and agrees that the CSIR may solicit a credit and criminal report from a registered credit bureau and/or SAPS (in relation to positions that require trust and honesty and/or entail the handling of cash or finances) and may also verify the applicant’s educational qualifications and employment history. The CSIR reserves the right not to appoint if a suitable candidate is not identified.