Humana People to People in South Africa seeks to recruit an Agriculture and Climate Change Resource Mobilization Specialist to be based in its National Partnership Team in Westrand Johannesburg.
The selected person will research and identify funding opportunities; negotiate with potential partners and develop project proposals and budgets. They will also support the project start-up.
Job Title: Agriculture and Climate Change Resource Mobilization Specialist
Location: South Africa
- Resource mobilization: Identify and qualify agricultural development, climate change adaptation/mitigation and food & nutrition security funding opportunities from private, bilateral and multilateral donors. The incumbent will lead on the design of projects, the identification of potential private and technical partners and develop high quality proposals in cooperation with local partners and other team members.
- Technical Support: Provide expert knowledge and technical support for the development of agricultural development and climate change projects, in line with national approaches and strategies. Support engagement with in-country and international multilateral aid agencies and focal points.
- Networking: Participate in national networks, meetings and workshops on agriculture and climate change.
- Other: Work closely with other team members on larger program and project strategies, including outside of area of expertise.
The position requires occasional national travel but is based in the National Partnership Team Office in the Westrand Johannesburg.
- Graduate university degree in environmental sciences, agricultural engineering, development, political science or related field.
- Demonstrated knowledge in agriculture and climate change
- Minimum 3 years’ relevant professional experience in relation to development projects/programs, with direct relationship to European or other bilateral / multilateral donors, partners and agencies (GEF, GCF, EU).
- Experience in project management cycle, including proposal development/writing and project management, development of budgets and reports.
- Experience of management of small teams is considered an asset.
Languages, skills and competencies:
- Excellent communication, networking, and interpersonal skills.
- Experience in working in a dynamic and multi-cultural office environment and organization.
- Managing internal and external relationships constructively, diplomatically and with discretion.
- Adaptability, resilience and ability to work and meet deadlines under pressure
- Positive and enthusiastic attitude to development and to agriculture and climate change work
Submit your CV which clearly addresses the work experience requirements and a cover letter explaining why you think you would be an asset to the team to the following address: [email protected]
Application Deadline: 18th March 2020 @ 16:00pm