Posted on :
25 May, 2010
25 May, 2010
International Business Machines (NYSE: IBM), is a multinational computer, technology and IT consulting corporation headquartered in Armonk, North Castle, New York, United States. IBM is the world’s largest technology company and the second most valuable by global brand after Coca-Cola.
IBM South Africa recruits Managing Consultant – Public Sector/ Health Industry Leader
– Provide leadership related to strategic and operation issues related to consulting and IT services provided by IBM GBS.
– Assess SSA healthcare market opportunity and competitive landscape, selectively develop and implement service line marketing or account based marketing that drive differentiated, client focused offerings with optimal integrated marketing program, based on GBS capability and business priorities.
– Build close relationship with top executives of hospitals and public health agencies.
– Formulate solutions around IT strategy planning, operation and clinical process transformation for hospitals and public health agencies.
– Independently drive the program that generate demand and market segment share gain, after 3-6 months of orientation/coaching
Your objective is to achieve targeted signings in assigned accounts and you drive and participate in client sales pursuits in other accounts. As Service Partner you interlock with GtM teams to influence signings. You motivate, lead and manage people in project engagement
Roles and Responsibilities:
Identifies / qualifies / develops opportunities for selected target accounts or region/territory
Works with GBS Partners and Associate Partners to close deals
Use in-depth understanding of solutions and implementation approaches, including understanding typical structures of business processes and architectures used by the respective industry.
Use in-depth knowledge of the IBM solution, its underlying value proposition and implementation approaches. Are actively involved in Delivering the solutions that was sold to the client.
Identifies and discusses issues with the client, and then works the IBM team to develop a proposed alternative based on the IBM solution and outline the implementation approach highlighting key risks and mitigation strategies.
Successful employ the consultative selling approach to Senior Management
Use skill and experience to craft solutions beyond packaging of single products or services, this may include GBS-led offerings and the installation or one more ISV industry partner applications (Independent Software Vendors)
Apply Delivery Excellence principles to projects
10 to 15 years of working experience in healthcare or management/IT consulting.
– Solid understanding of SSA competitive healthcare market environment and business drivers within the nation.
– Deep healthcare industry solution knowledge for IT strategy planning, Hospital Information System, Clinical Information System, ERP, and Public Health Information System.
– Executive presence and credibility within the SSA healthcare or healthcare IT industry.
– Management and sales leadership experiences in global organizations.
– Proven ability to lead through influence within a matrixed organizational structure.
At least 5 years experience in Consulting (both in a Sales and Delivery role)
At least 4 years experience in Public Sector