The Vendor Administration Manager will support the implementation and maintenance of an effective vendor management system, and will collaborate with other stakeholders to streamline ICAP’s internal vendor management processes.
The Vendor Administration Manager will be responsible for approving maintaining vendor profiles, inclusive of employees and third-party individuals / companies, enrolled for Purchasing and Accounts Payable transactions. Additionally, this role will support accounts payable, procurement, and vendor development activities during the ERP implementation, as needed.
Job Title: Vendor Administration Manager
Location: Centurion, South Africa
Reports to: Director of Finance and Administration
Roles and responsibilities:
- Lead vendor onboarding and approval efforts, inclusive of verifying completeness of submitted documents and ensuring correctness of records in the online banking system by reference to the provided documents.
- Approve vendor profiles as authorized to receive payments.
- Liaise with ICAP NY, in-country finance teams, and vendors to respond to vendor profile-related inquiries, identify and analyze errors in input or filing, and follow through to ensure a resolution.
- Help and coordinate vendor processes and methods to facilitate timely approval of vendor profiles.
- Evaluate potential suppliers using developed and agreed upon criteria to support alignment with and understanding of the expectations and requirements of engagement.
- Monitor and report on the performance of selected vendors to ensure delivery in line with contractual obligations and performance metrics.
- Identify opportunities for operational and procurement process improvement.
- Ensure vendor-related documents are fully completed and received in a timely fashion.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Desired experience and qualification
- Undergraduate degree in business administration, accounting, finance, or other relevant area.
- Minimum five (5) years of procurement or accounts payable experience, ideally within shared services implementation model and a complex international operating environment.
- Supervisory experience through training, mentoring, skills assessment and appraisals.
- Excellent knowledge of end-to-end supply management processes including competitive bidding, contract management, and supplier performance management.
- Strong interpersonal, presentation, communication, conflict resolution and stakeholder relationship management skills to engage others, build consensus and resolve issues.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to manage multiple and competing demands, establish priorities, and meet deadlines with minimal oversight
- Ability to interact at all the levels of an organization – presenting ideas, promoting best practices and coaching staff as needed.
- Attention to detail.
- Proficient in developing professional relationships with clients and suppliers.
- Familiarity with or experience in an environment funded by US Government Grants.
- Excellent communication and coordination skills including verbal, written, and listening.
- Capacity to work with a high degree of independence within a matrixed, deadline-driven, multi-tasking environment.
- Proficient in French, Portuguese, or Russian.
Please note: Only candidates who are eligible to work in South Africa for an indefinite period without a need for sponsorship will be considered for this position.
Interested applicants should send their comprehensive CV’s and letter of motivation to [email protected] with the job tittle in the subject line
Application Deadline: 22 January 2020.