Directs, manages and implements activities to ensure smooth supply chain throughout the PHIA project, including sourcing/ordering, staging, management, transportation, warehousing and overall and coordination of all procurement and disposition related activities.
Build adequate team capacity, creating efficient systems and structure for supply chain activities and enhancing synergy among supply chain role players. Leads the development of strategies and solutions to address complex supply chain issues, while stimulating a learning and constant improvement environment.
Job Title: Regional Procurement and Logistics Advisor
Location: Centurion South Africa
Roles and responsibilities:
- Develop, implement, audit and maintain detailed procurement and delivery project plans to ensure materials are available to support survey activities in a timely fashion.
- Develop staffing plan for regional PHIA supply chain team, defining roles and responsibilities. Train, supervise, manage and provide leadership to regional supply chain team. Develop staff capacity to respond to emergencies.
- Work with Regional Lab Director to strengthen communication between laboratory and procurement staff, to ensure project needs are quantified in a timely manner, being deliberate on specifications and lead time.
- Direct the sourcing process, country level, regional level and HQ level, in order to meet program needs with the best quality, time and cost ratio. Create direct links between requestor and sourcing staff to sync needs with market capacity and speed up supply chain.
- Build capacity of procurement teams to be responsive to program needs and changes in demand. Monitor performance. Guide on problem resolution of immediate needs and structural improvement. Institutionalize best practices.
- Support country and international procurement teams with best practices when signing contracts. Analyse / write scope of works for service providers and suppliers. Review content of service level agreements and advise on performance management.
- Manage bid and tender process for PHIA regional office, and negotiate contracts with selected vendors in accordance with USG uniform guidance
- Evaluate warehouse and freight forwarder partners for each PHIA country and facilitate contract negotiation at outset of survey
- Evaluate performance of shipping and clearing entities. Guide team (ICAP and contracted entities) to implement solutions to complex shipping and clearing constraints.
- Ensure uniform supply chain tracking, cloud based, enhancing efficiency. Train and develop PHIA supply chain team to keep all stakeholders updated on latest supply chain status.
- Work directly with in-country technical, programmatic and procurement/warehouse staff to ensure that proper SOPs are in place and are being followed, that stock management is being done properly, and inflow/outflow tracking is done correctly.
- Build a resilient inventory system that is responsive to PHIA needs, providing critical information to key stakeholders consistently and empower teams to act proactively. Ensure tracking of assets and support country teams to prepare and submit reports on government property in a timely manner.
- Evaluates work in progress and makes real-time decisions concerning actions to be taken in response to unexpected supply chain events. Leads strategy in determining solutions to complex supply issues.
- Provide regular supply chain status reports to ICAP PHIA leadership and CDC counterparts.
- Help country teams to plan transport needs, support analyses of rent / purchase decisions. Guide on best practice of vehicle purchase / rental contracts. Equip country teams to effectively manage fleet. Train country teams on fuel management and installing adequate distribution and accounting structure.
- Oversee disposition process for all supplies and equipment at the end of each PHIA survey. Work closely with in-country procurement/warehouse staff to confirm final inventory and make recommendations for disposition, and support discussions with CDC, MOH and local partners to confirm final disposition plan before submission to CDC.
- Ensure all actions are taken in accordance with ICAP, CU and CDC policies and procedures.
Desired experience and qualification
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management, Business, Production Operations, Engineering or a related field required. Master’s degree in relevant discipline is highly desirable
- Minimum five (5) years of experience in a managerial position in the management of logistics, procurements, and/or supply chain, with proven capacity in managing and supervising a diverse team of technical and support staff
- Demonstrated proven extensive abilities and success in roles managing the supply chain process (i.e., operational excellence, including operations strategy development, implementation and due diligence; strategic sourcing; distribution and logistics; supply chain planning; process review, redesign and implementation; clinical supply chain planning; and/or inventory management) and specialty in pharmaceutical and biologics supply chain and operations
- Demonstrated competence working within CDC or similar regulations and procedures
- Demonstrated experience in establishing working relationships and collaborating with USG, other bilateral, and/or multilateral donor agencies, and with host-country governments
- Fluent English oral and written communication skills; demonstrated ability to interact professionally in English.
- Approximately 50% travel to supported countries throughout Africa
Please note: Only candidates who are eligible to work in South Africa for an indefinite period without a need for sponsorship will be considered for this position.
Interested applicants should send their comprehensive CV’s and letter of motivation to [email protected] with the job tittle in the subject line
Application Deadline: 22 January 2020.