Imperial GM: Motor Mechanic Apprenticeship
To service and repair vehicles under the instructions of a Technician as per qualification/level.
Specific Role Responsibilities
SPECIFIC ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. SERVICE AND REPAIR VEHICLES:
- Carry out tasks allocated by the Technician.
- Remove / replace parts / units from vehicles.
- Jack up vehicles and place trestles.
- Lubricate and change oils (under supervision) as per manual specification.
- Remove and replace wheels.
- Remove and fit air and oil filters.
- Assist with all vehicle repairs.
- Remove and fit batteries.
- Clean parts.
- Assist Technicians with breakdowns.
- Drive vehicles only with relevant license and skills.
3. TRAINING AND DEVELOPMENT:
- Attend prescribed technical / level courses.
4. HOUSEKEEPING AND SAFETY:
- Assist with housekeeping.
- Keep work area clean.
- Keep tools and equipment clean and in good order.
- Keep overalls clean.
- Follow Safety Rules.
- Perform any other reasonable duties which may be required from time to time.
Qualifications and Experience
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Matric with Maths and Science.
- Motor Mechanic qualification (advantageous).
Skills and Personal Attributes
SKILLS AND PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES:
- Relations with Colleagues.
- Communication Skills.
- Technical Orientation.
How to Apply
Apply Online (Click Car Rental… > Services Motor…)
Close Date: 23 August 2013