Posted on :
9 Oct, 2013
9 Oct, 2013
OVERALL PURPOSE OF JOB:
– Overall administration, support & installation of IMPERIAL IT core Network. The engineer will be responsible for accurately executing tasks and projects communicated to him/her by management.
Specific Role Responsibilities MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES/TASKS:
– Administration – The engineer will be responsible for the day to day administration of IMPERIAL IT network, following best practices.
– Support – The engineer will be responsible for the timely and accurate resolution / execution of various tasks requested by IMPERIAL IT clients.
– Installation – Installation and configuration of new and existing services.
– Communication – There will be a need for developing relationships with other internal departments as well as with the Clients. This includes communicating the status of projects or tasks to the client and account/service managers and other stakeholders.
– Company standards – The engineer is expected to follow the company prescribed standards and procedures covering all areas within IMPERIAL IT as well as specifically relating to Network installs and support.
– Documentation – The engineer will be responsible for documenting client and core specific solutions as well as critical processes and procedures to ensure consistency and quality.
– Capacity, Availability & Change Management – The engineer will be responsible for documenting and adhering to the various management policies, as well as being required to provide input into those policies.
– SLA Management – The engineer will be responsible for adhering to and providing input into the various SLA’s in place.
Qualifications and Experience EXPERIENCE:
– Minimum 3 years.
– Matric /Grade 12 or O and A Levels.
– Cisco CCNA & CCNP.
– Juniper Networks (Essential).
– Fortinet Fortigate.
– Excellent TCP/IP skills.
– MPLS, BGP, VPN, SSL, IPsec.
– Firewalls Rules.
Skills and Personal Attributes COMPETENCIES:
– Trouble shooting skills.
– Problem solving skills.
– Computer literate.
– Client service focus.
– Good communication skills.
– Organizational skills.
– Telephone etiquette skills.
– Prioritization skills.
– Attention to detail.
– Self-starter and completer.
– Take ownership.
– Good relationship builder.
– Ability to work under pressure.
– Team orientated.
OTHER FEATURES OF THE POSITION:
– IMPERIAL IT offices at 118 Innes Road, Jet Park.
– Will be required to work standby on a rotational basis.
How to Apply
Closing date: 16th October, 2013