A permanent position exists within the Evaluations Department for the Quantity Surveyor at the IDC Head office Sandton, reporting to the Head: Evaluations
To provide an independent view of construction related matters, including cost, contract, project management, and technical completion risks, and to monitor draw-down of approved funding against construction progress.
Key Roles & Responsibilities include:
- Advice and assist the IDC in matters relating to construction cost parameters and contract documentation.
- Verify the information provided in elemental estimates.
- Review and comment on capital cost expenditure in line with the industry norms.
- Validate and compile project budgets in line with identified scope.
- Examine and critique relevant documentation including project brief, design parameters and technical documentation.
- Assess the proficiency of the professional teams to meet their metrics of responsibility.
- Ensure that clients’ construction project related processes and procedures are in-line with industry best practice.
- Evaluate the risks inherent in the clients’ construction projects, determine the extent to which these risks are mitigated, and advise or act accordingly.
- Support project teams executing CSI and other IDC initiated construction projects, and provide watching brief services on internal construction projects.
- Reconcile drawdown requests against construction progress and planned project phases, identify cost variances, and make drawdown recommendations accordingly.
- Liaise with the relevant internal stakeholders to facilitate effective knowledge transfer relating to QS services within the IDC, and ensure accurate and timeous reporting to internal stakeholders
- Advanced analytical Skills
- Planning and Organizing ability
- Strong relationship skills and ability to collaborate with stakeholders
- Ability to work effectively under time pressure
- Ability to analyses complex information from a wide range of sources, consider options and propose/implement solutions/recommendations
- Problem solving
- Negotiating and influencing skills
EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE
Five years’ postgraduate experience in building/construction and engineering projects, particularly within the leisure, manufacturing, and healthcare industries
- BSc or B Tech Degree Quantity Surveying
- Registration with the Council of South African Quantity Surveying Profession (Pr QS qualification)
- Project Management qualification would be added advantage
How to Apply
Click on this link to Apply online