INMED South Africa is a registered non-profit organisation whose mission is to transform children’s lives and inspiring and preparing communities to build brighter futures. This is accomplished by investing in the poor who make change happen, engaging families and communities in proven and pioneering approaches to Health.
Working in collaboration with a wide range of corporate foundation and government partners, INMED and its programmes are transforming lives and opportunities of South Africa’s most vulnerable
Job Title: Agricultural Facilitator and Trainer
Location: Port Elizabeth, Eastern Cape
Remuneration: R10,700 cost to company
Learn more about us at www.inmed.org.za
- National Diploma/ Bachelor’s degree in a relevant agricultural related field with extensive knowledge of vegetable/food production; plus at least two years of related agricultural work experience.
- Fluency in English as well as excellent oral and written communication skills is a requirement.
- Knowledge of at least one of the other official local languages is a necessity.
- SAQA facilitator, assessor and/ moderator or similar accreditation qualification would be an added advantage.
- Knowledge and the understanding of Aquaponics farming will be an added advantage, but is not a necessity.
- MUST live in Port Elizabeth area
- MUST have own working vehicle
- Demonstrated ability to successfully deliver training programmes to a wide variety of participants including University students, primary school students, educators and community members.
- Ability to work effectively with minimal supervision and to demonstrate high levels of initiative is essential.
- Good project management skills, including managing and prioritizing multiple tasks as well as a strong background in monitoring and evaluation systems.
- Experience working effectively with teams of diverse backgrounds.
- Proactive approach, exercise professional judgment, and make sound decisions.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office systems, including Word, Excel and Power Point, plus e-mail and internet are essential.
- Valid South African Driver’s license with own reliable vehicle as well as the ability to travel is essential. No candidate without their own working vehicle will be considered.
- Work closely with the Health in Action Programme Manager to develop and initiate agricultural programmes in the Eastern Cape (Port Elizabeth).
- Facilitate training to beneficiaries, educators, volunteers and field workers on food production, and other agricultural related areas.
- Develop and distribute progress and training reports at agreed intervals.
- Provide support to Health in Action Programme Manager on planning, implementation, monitoring of all the agricultural related programme activities
- Collecting data from multiple sites and compiling monthly reports
- Monitor all the agricultural activities at multiple sites in the Eastern Cape (Port Elizabeth)
- Monitor progress on the implementation of the agriculture related programme activities in relation to work plans and timelines
- Research and compile stats on various agricultural projects
- Oversee the daily running and maintenance of INMED’s Aquaponics System in Port Elizabeth to ensure continuous harvest and good fish health.
- Coordinate INMED South Africa’s agricultural internship program
This is a two-year full time fixed contract with a possibility of renewal. Position to start 6 January 2020.
Interested candidates must submit a curriculum vitae including a motivation letter to [email protected]
Application Deadline: Friday 29 November 2019