INMED South Africa (NPC) is seeking a Project Coordinator for their Primary School-based Adaptive Agriculture and Healthy Lifestyles Program based in Graaff Reinet.
Job Title: Project Coordinator
Location: Graaff-Reinet, Eastern Cape
Through this program, children are learning and absorbing educational messages about nutrition and healthy lifestyles through hands-on, skill based activities, including establishment of aquaponics units and school gardens that provide nutritious fresh produce to supplement school meals.
Salary: R 6,500 per month
- Oversee the establishment and running of INMED’s school based Aquaponics System to ensure continuous harvest and good fish health.
- Assist the Program Manager with coordination of training workshops for educators, volunteer food handlers and learners.
- Conduct regular school visits to monitor the implementation of the program at targeted schools.
- Provide necessary support and supervision to school based garden champions to ensure establishment of sustainable food gardens in targeted schools.
- Provide administrative support and strengthen reporting within the project.
- Assist with procurement and control of stock and organization assets.
- Grade 12 qualification, a Bachelor’s degree/diploma (M+3) in the field of agriculture/aquaculture will be an added advantage.
- Good verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills as well as fluency in Afrikaans and English is desirable.
- At least one year’s relevant working experience either in school based programs or aquaculture related projects.
- Ability to work with little supervision and must possess good training skills especially working with children.
- Must be available for minimal work on weekends when necessary.
Closing date for applications: 18 January 2019