INMED’s mission is to create pathways for disadvantaged children and families to achieve well-being and self-reliance. Since 2006, INMED’s work in South Africa has focused on improving the health, education, safety and opportunities of the nation’s most vulnerable citizens through climate-smart agriculture, school gardening, climate awareness, nutrition education, positive youth development and teacher training programs.
Job Title: Programme Manager
The Programme Manager will be part of a dynamic and dedicated team of technical and management professionals who are responsible for the successful implementation of INMED’s Adaptive Agriculture Programme in South Africa.
- Develop project plans, schedules, budgets, production plans and reports, in collaboration with team members, and according to INMED and project donor requirements.
- Facilitate and coordinate efficient, effective and timely implementation of project activities, in collaboration with team members and stakeholders, including:
- Delivering aquaponics technical and business training workshops and coaching.
- Establishing aquaponics demonstration systems and training centers.
- Developing a formal aquaponics certification curriculum with local partners.
- Providing technical assistance for aquaponics construction, operations, production and sales.
- Establishing market linkages between producers and buyers, promoting aggregation options and formal agreements.
- Oversee project monitoring and evaluation, including data collection, management, assessment, and reporting, including managing online project participant database.
- Oversee project communications and public outreach, including article placement, social media presence, event presentations, and other project promotional activities.
- Contribute to INMED regional technical team’s business planning, sustainability and opportunity development.
- Master’s degree in agriculture related discipline, business/project management and at least 5 years work experience.
- Experience in agricultural commercial business, with reliable knowledge of aquaculture and aquaponics farming.
- Experience in emerging markets, preferably within the commercial agriculture context.
- Demonstrated ability to interface/liaise with government departments, implementing partners, beneficiaries, counterpart donors and marketing/outreach teams to promote projects, develop value chain partners and obtain maximum benefit/resource efficiency.
- Experience in project management for corporate, government or nonprofit organization.
- Knowledge and experience with the required techniques, approaches, software tools and methodologies for effective project management and monitoring.
- Demonstrated success at developing and growing projects.
- Strong organizational, research and analytical skills; keen attention to detail.
- Strong writing and presentation skills; fluent in English and at least one local language.
- Demonstrated ability to produce quality content on tight timelines.
- Demonstrated cultural sensitivity and interpersonal skills, as well as the ability to interact with multi-disciplinary teams of various professional levels and diverse backgrounds.
- Personal and professional integrity, self-motivation and proven ability to work under minimum supervision.
- Demonstrated willingness to provide help, assistance and support to members of the team.
- Personal Qualities of the Post Holder:
- Collaborative: A dynamic personality that is collaboratively minded, can recognize and identify strengths, seek consensus around mutual goals and build meaningful relationships.
- Creative: A systems-thinker who is not afraid to be innovative in designing solutions and has skills in articulating these ideas and concepts.
- Methodical: Strong analytical, systems and problem solving skills to evaluate performance, prepare reports, and recommend/implement solutions using independent judgment. Ability to move from concept to action through strong project design and evaluation.
- Reliable: Leadership skills that reflect and value a team approach, demonstrated integrity, effectiveness, efficiency, and the ability to deliver high quality service. Highly capable of handling multiple projects, tasks and timeline.
- Trustworthy: Ability to work with schools, partners, and staff of diversified backgrounds with a positive, optimistic, solutions oriented attitude. Shares a deep respect for the school community, its stakeholder and the beneficiaries we serve.
Submit CV to [email protected]with the subject heading Admin Position Application
Application Deadline: Friday, 1 November, 2019