Posted on :
3 Dec, 2018
3 Dec, 2018
The Institute for Justice and Reconciliation (IJR) was launched in the year 2000, in the wake of South Africa´s Truth and Reconciliation Commission. The aim was to ensure that lessons learnt from South Africa´s transition from apartheid to democracy were taken into account as the nation moved ahead.
The IJR is looking to hire an Administrator who will provide effective and efficient administrative support to heads of departments and project leaders of assigned projects.
• Document project planning.
• File project-related documentation.
• Inform team-members of administrative requirements (e.g. bookkeeping).
• Assist with project M&E documentation.
• Keep track of and document project expenditure.
• Process payments on time.
• Stay informed of project developments and outcomes.
Travel and Logistics
• Pro-actively handle travel arrangements for project teams, other IJR staff and external delegations.
• Pro-actively handle any interventions logistics (costing, invitations, RSVPs, reservations, hiring).
• Update database of participants at the variety of interventions.
• Negotiate rates with service providers.
• Effectively communicate with participants and IJR partners.
General Administrative Assistance
• Assist at IJR staff functions and events, as required.
• Take over relief reception duties, as required.
• Know and use IJR platforms and tools (e.g. O-drive, Sharepoint, Groove)
• Matric or recognised equivalent
• 3 – 5 years’ experience providing administrative support.
• User-knowledge of office software packages.
• Secretarial skill and experience.
• Ability to work under pressure.
• Ability to use initiative and judgement.
• Organisational skills
• Communication skills (verbal and written).
Application Closing date is Friday the 07th December 2018.
Should you meet the requirement, kindly forward your application to Felicia Thomas: [email protected]