Our client who is a leading global logistics and freight company is looking for an Air & Sea Export Controller to join their organisation ASAP.
Job Title: Air & Sea Export Controller
Job Type: Permanent
- Vocational work and thinking level
- Knowledge of customs
- Good communication skills
- Good Microsoft Office skills
- Financial awareness
- Fluent in English and local language
- Needs preferably 3-5 years of experience in export freight forwarding
- Cargowise and Ship Shape experience would be advantageous
Air & Sea Exports
- Arrange freight services for customers, aligned with customer’s freight management needs and in line with (CS) SOP, GW and industry policies and procedures, in order to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Review customer’s freight requests and select appropriate carrier
- Coordinate gathering and hand-over of freight documents
- Framing of Export Air and Sea Customs Bills of Entry and Cargo dues / Shipping Orders
- Monitor and confirm arrival of freight to customer
- Execute client contact and align customer needs and services provided.
- Pricing & Tariffs : Provide customers with rate request
- Gather documents and information, process and set-up files and ensure proper handover of files and documentation, in line with the company and industry policies and procedures, in order to ensure proper administration of files and enable a clear overview of operational activities.
- Gather information and documentation from customers and set-up files in the operational system
- Break down documents from airline or shipper and calculate charges, process in operational system
- Close files, pass invoices and credit memos
- Ensure proper hand over of documents
Customer Business Implementation
- Implement new customer contracts and coordinate the correct execution of accompanying (CS) OP’s, aligned with SLA, GW and industry policies and procedures, in order to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Provide support with development of new (CS)SOP’s in cooperation with sales and Customer Business Implementation
- Align new customer (CS) SOPs within team and provide colleagues with support