Interactive Research and Development South Africa (IRD SA NPC) is a South African Section 21 not-for-profit entity and an affiliate of Interactive Research and Development Global (IRD Global), and has fully operational offices in Johannesburg (Gauteng) and in Durban (KwaZulu-Natal).
Job Title: Procurement & Administration Officer
Location: South Africa
This Procurement and Administrative Officer will be a member of finance and administrative team in Johannesburg office and will work with the Finance Officer on tasks related to the daily financial management of the office and projects and directly reports to the Finance and Administration Manager.
Major Duties / Responsibilities:
- Work with the programme and technical teams to develop procurement plans for new projects
- Ensure procurement procedures and authorization procedures are followed
- Ensure that all office facilities & equipment are functional all the time and be in charge of
- Arranging any repairs, replacements & maintenance
- Provide the highest standards of procurement services and advice to the project team of IRD SA in accordance with the established rules, regulations and processes;
- Ensure the integrity and transparency of the procurement process and compliance with various donor rules and regulations and IRD SA Financial Regulations and Rules and relevant internal policies
- Implement proper procurement planning every year in coordination with relevant Teams in order to ensure cost-effective solicitation of goods and services;
- Identify and fully understand the details and conditions of the best procurement methods to be used for maximized competitive bidding process through pre-qualification exercise, i.e. Call for Expression of Interest or Request for Information. Launch of Request for Quotations, Requests for Proposals and Invitation to Bid inviting vendors to submit their quotations/prices or proposals based on the nature of the requirements and cost of procurement involved;
- Ensure with requesting project team members the availability of funding sources based on IRD SA Financial Regulations and Rules to award contract(s) to the selected suppliers who are able to meet the specifications and offer the best terms;
- Prepare evaluation reports, abstracts or financial comparison matrix of offers, compile data contained in quotations, proposals and bids to determine which supplier can deliver the required goods/services at the best terms and lowest costs possible with due consideration to cost, quality, delivery time, payments terms and others;
- Provide clarifications and advice on IRD SA procurement procedures and practices; respond to queries about the status of delivery raised by initiators and about payment and other matters raised by the suppliers;
- Perform a wide range of office support, for events and workshops contributing to the efficient and effective management of the administrative and procurement activities;
- Assist project staff with all professional administrative procedures including processing requests for visas, procedures, etc.);
- Assist the project staff with all travelling procedures: mission orders, flight tickets, booking of hotels, processing of expenses claims, etc.;
- Manage filing and archiving of administrative and technical documents and update registers regularly;
- Maintain relevant internal databases and files; keeps track of contractual agreements and purchase orders;
- Maintain a proper and systematic archive system
- Perform other tasks as required.
Required Experience / Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Administration or its equivalent
- At least three (3) years of progressively responsible procurement and administrative work experience
- Demonstrated experience in procurement and grants focused on ensuring compliance with established rules and regulations
- Ability, to prioritize multiple assignments in an extremely fast-paced environment, to meet deadlines, to exercise good judgment and to effectively communicate with Management
- Have good communication and interpersonal skills.
Interested candidates are welcome to apply, please provide two (2) current, relevant employment references. Submit a brief CV and supporting documents, indicating the job title in your cover letter and subject line on email to Lee-Anne Ogle: Human Resources Dept. @ fax +27 (0) 865722820 or e-mail [email protected]
Application Deadline: Friday, 31st January 2020