Interactive Research and Development South Africa (IRD SA NPC) is a South African Section 21 not-for-profit entity and an affiliate of Interactive Research and Development Global (IRD Global), and has fully operational offices in Johannesburg (Gauteng), Pretoria (Tshwane) and in Durban (KwaZulu-Natal).
Job Title: IT Officer
Location: Johannesburg, South Africa
Employment Type: Fixed Term Contract
Reports to: Finance and Administration Manager
Purpose of the position:
The IT Officer will provide the IT services needed to achieve IRD SA NPC’s vision. S/he will support the development and implementation of the IT strategy and policies within IRD SA NPC and its sub offices. S/he will contribute to and support the effective functioning of IRD SA NPC IT infrastructure, management systems and information management tools. S/he will manage the IT unit and ensure that all complex IT related issues are resolved and all IRD SA NPC staff have reliable and secure access to IT services and systems.
- Desktop and Helpdesk Support:
- Hardware, software and User support:
- Logging, addressing and Troubleshooting Incidents and requests
- Remote support for Satellite users and offices
- Perform IMAC (Install, move, allocate and Configure) computers and network peripherals
- Ensuring end user data is backed up regularly and up to date
- IT User Training:
- Identification of routine desktop and application support issues and provision of training for staff as required
- Maintenance of IT User Guide
- Ensuring user compliance with IT Policies and guidelines
- IT Project, Procurement and Assets Management:
- Manage IT related projects and lifecycle.
- Liaise with suppliers and vendors.
- Manage Project delivery within ITIL framework.
- IT Budget and procurement of IT resources
- Software licensing and renewal annually
- IT Service Delivery:
- Manage day to day IT operations with the regions
- Working closely with Global IT and Regional IT to deliver on projects
- Clear understanding of IT Governance
- Reporting (Produce monthly, quarterly and annual IT reports for service improvements)
- Research on products that suits organizational needs
- Review contracts and negotiate with suppliers on hardware purchases.
- Communications Infrastructure systems:
- Administrative of voice, data and collaboration systems.
- Managing Firewalls, routers, switches, servers and LTE mobile routers.
- Make sure BCP are in place and back-up systems are fully functional and regularly tested
- Routine audit of systems and software’s
- Cloud computing administration and management (AWS, Gsuite, SharePoint and Dropbox)
- Mobile device management (InTune, MobileIron etc.)
- MFP Printer and Copier support (CloudPrint)
- Infrastructure Management: LAN, WAN, VoIP, WLAN and VPN
- 5 years’ experience in an IT Senior role
- Experience with IT Infrastructure and monitoring systems
- Google Suite and Microsoft Office 365 Administration
- Highly developed troubleshooting skills and processes
- Ability to explain technical Issue to non-technical audience
- Experience managing multiple offices with an NGO/NPO
- 3 years IT Diploma/Degree or Equivalent Certifications and skills
- Microsoft/Cisco/Google Certifications required
- IT Security Product certifications required
Interested candidates are welcome to apply, please provide two (2) current, relevant employment references. Submit a brief CV and supporting documents, indicating the job title in your cover letter and subject line on email to Lee-Anne Ogle: Human Resources Dept. @ fax +27 (0) 865722820 or e-mail [email protected]
Application Deadline: Monday, 16 November, 2020