Interactive Research and Development South Africa (IRD SA NPC) is a South African Section 21 not-for-profit entity and an affiliate of Interactive Research and Development Global (IRD Global Limited), and has fully operational offices in Johannesburg (Gauteng) and in Durban (KwaZulu-Natal).
Job Title: Sub-District Manager
Location: Johannesburg, South Africa
Employment type: Fixed term contract
This position is to be based in Pretoria, Gauteng.
Overall development and mentoring of personnel responsible for sub-district PROJECT implementation. Monitor and Evaluate project implementation at healthcare facilities within district/sub-district. Provide, leadership, collaboration, consultation, education and research to reach the USAID LON objectives and goals.
- The Sub – district coordinator will work directly with the District and Sub – district government officials to ensure regular review of the data and quality thereof as well as the programme performance.
- Work collaboratively with the sub-district which require excellent communication and coordination skills.
- Develop schedules of meetings, agendas, workshops/trainings, and maintain data integrity.
- Coordinate and provide support to the field staff to ensure that the project deliverables are executed according to the specifications
- Ensures collection of pertinent data from internal and external sources and monitors compliance with SOPs that speaks to clinical care and overall programme performance.
- Conduct site visits to ensure that all clinical and programmatic data is reviewed.
- Communicates with Sub-district and all field staff on an ongoing basis and is available to them by telephone/email/text.
- Plans, proposes and evaluates means to overcome identified barriers with regards to programme implementation
- Provide quality assurance support to ensure accurate data collection.
- Assumes responsibility for specific QA activities for the sites.
- Participates in internal audits.
- Maintains records of correspondence of faxes, emails, patient communication, etc.
- Reviews the work plans of the field staff and provide technical support as need be.
- Supports the field staff to ensure that all programmatic targets are met.
- Develops monthly reports and site visit reports for all activities.
- Develop SOP’s and working practice guidelines and manage the implementation and rollout of the documents
- Conduct quarterly assessments as it pertains to programme performance
- Administrative Management of all sub-district staff.
- Conducts performance reviews of all assigned staff members
- Coaching of all field staff
- Minimum educational qualification MBCHB OR equivalent qualification applicable
- Current recognised registration with Health Professions Council of South Africa (HPCSA)
- Experience working with Multi/Extensive Drug-Resistant Tuberculosis after the time when applicant became registerable with HPCSA
- South African citizenship or a valid work visa
- Strong verbal, written and presentation skills in English and at least one other South African language
- Valid unendorsed driver’s licence
- Knowledge of South Africa’s current evident-based TB/DR-TB and TB-HIV programme management
- At least two years’ experience in programme implementation and management
- Preferred experience in programme management in public primary care-based facilities in South Africa
- Knowledge and sensitivity to working with multi-cultural groups
- Experience in TB/DR-TB and TB-HIV program monitoring and evaluation
- In developing and making professional presentations to present to relevant stakeholders
- Understanding of South Africa’s public health and development trends and approaches
- Self-motivated manager with an ability and flexibility to handling pressure situations
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a multi-disciplinary/culture group
- Ability to analyse and interpret data and write written reports
- Strong computer literacy, with proficiency in:
- Microsoft Office Excel, Word and Power Point and Outlook/e-mail along with strong internet-based skills including methods of online communication (Skype, Social Media Platform, etc.)
- Excellent organisational problem-solving skills
- Able to work under pressure and be proactive in motivating people to meet deadlines
Interested candidates are welcome to apply, please provide two (2) current, relevant employment references. Submit a brief CV and supporting documents, indicating the job title in your cover letter and subject line on email to Lee-Anne Ogle: Human Resources Dept. @ fax +27 (0) 865722820 or e-mail [email protected]
Application Deadline: Friday, 15 May 2020