The incumbents will be responsible for rendering counseling psychology services to students/young adults to ensure academic success and emotional wellness.
Intern: Counselling Psychologists (Four Posts) (One-Year Contract Appointment) – Student Support Division
DEPARTMENT OF STUDENT AFFAIRS
STUDENT SUPPORT DIVISION
INTERN: COUNSELLING PSYCHOLOGISTS (FOUR POSTS) (ONE YEAR CONTRACT APPOINTMENT)
In pursuit of the ideals of excellence and diversity, the University of Pretoria wishes to invite applications for the following vacancy.
The University of Pretoria’s commitment to quality makes us one of the top research Universities in the country and gives us a competitive advantage in international science and technology development.
This will include the development and identification of training and guidance programmes to enhance the academic success of students/young adults.
The successful candidates will actively participate in the following areas:
- Psychotherapeutic / counseling services to students / young adults to ensure academic and emotional wellness;
- Group work sessions as part of the co-curricular programme for students / young adults;
- Career assessment, report writing, and counseling;
- Development of training and therapeutic programmes in view of the identified needs of students / young adults;
- Providing therapeutic services to children at other off-campus institutions as part of training;
- Mandatory supervision as part of training;
- Render a 24-hour crisis line service on rotation;
- Data analyzing as part of the research process.
- Proven registration as an MA or MSc Counselling Psychology Intern at an accredited university;
- Registration as an Intern Psychologist with HPCSA.
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES (SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND BEHAVIOURAL ATTRIBUTES):
- Good interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team;
- Efficient planning, organising and prioritising skills;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Professionalism, confidentiality, and sensitivity towards the diversity of students;
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal);
- Computer skills in MS Word, PowerPoint and e-mail;
- Ethical insight and reliability;
- To be available on call for the 24-hour Crisis line on a rotating basis;
- Ability to manage crisis interventions.
In applying for this post, please attach:
- A comprehensive CV;
- Certified copies of registration as a current MA or MSc Counselling Psychology student;
- Certified copy of registration as a current Student Psychologist with the HPCSA;
- Certified copies of undergraduate qualifications;
- Certified copies of academic results;
- Names, e-mail addresses and telephone details of three referees whom we have permission to contact;
CLICK HERE TO: INTERN: COUNSELLING PSYCHOLOGISTS (FOUR POSTS)