Posted on :
10 Feb, 2017
10 Feb, 2017
Voo C Meadia Group is a 100% black South African owned company formally known as Voo-CVideo Works and Productions.
We’re a one-stop shop, serving up the ultimate in 360 video production services, content marketing, branding, media buying , events management and advertising. One media company , many hats, and all worn fabulously.
Our company is looking for an intern editor who has an aptitude in camera work and lighting. Willing to work long hours and working on weekends.
Please note that you will be required to do a test for the softwares mentioned below.
Please no chance takers.
Job Duties/ Responsibilities
• Sony Mark III- Camera aptitude
• Knows how to operate Go Pro
• Receiving a brief, and maybe an outline of footage and/or a shot list, script, or screenplay;
• Digitally cutting the files to put together the sequence of the film and deciding what is usable;
• creating a ‘rough cut’ (or assembly edit) of the programme/film and determining the exact cutting for the next and final stages;
• reordering and tweaking the content to ensure the logical sequencing and smooth running of thevideo/film.
• Assembling all raw footage, with camera shots either recorded or transferred onto video tape in preparation for inputting into the computer;
• Inputting and saving uncut rushes and sound, and synchronising and storing them into files on the computer;
• Overseeing the quality and progress of audio and video engineering and editing;
• Experimenting and inputting with styles and techniques including the design of graphic elements;• consulting with the director, producer throughout the post-production process;
• Selecting the most effective shot of a scene in terms of drama, story relevance or continuity;
• Suggesting or selecting music;
• Solid experience with digital technology and editing software packages; Final Cut Pro 7 andAdobe Premier Pro
• Basic understanding of graphic design• Intern editors could also be expected to develop titles and motion graphics using software programs, such as Adobe Photoshop and After Effects.
• Intern editors need to have strong communication skills, since they often work closely with clients and other production personnel i.e; producer, editors, cameramen and production manager
• Creative mind and story telling skills
• Continuously discover and implement new editing technologies and industry’s best practices to maximize efficiency
• Always eager to learn
• Good attitude