We are a content format agency that crafts engaging cinematic and photographic narratives for those who require a compelling voice in communicating to a world audience.
As a source of ideas, emotions and experiences we aim to inspire generations and contribute to a sense of global community with content that captivates, enthrals and educates.
The main purpose of this role is to provide the necessary support to the producer/production manager on all productions and in the general day to day running of the office. This is an administrative individual, with meticulous attention to detail, who works behind the scenes of each production. He/she handles all paperwork on productions in addition to assisting with scheduling, planning and implementing events and productions.
Duties and/ or tasks:
- Provide administrative support in preparing and filing all required paperwork. This includes electronic filing of job related documents on the Google Drive.
- Researching travel and accommodation options for shoots in additional to helping source locations, crew, cast and props for productions.
- Correspond directly with producers, directors and other crew members to fulfil practical, everyday production needs.
- Assist in the running of the production Office according to the guidelines set out by the Managing Director.
- Meet regularly with the production manager; send weekly status updates of allocated tasks, and petty cash payments made each week.
- Assist in appointing and organising film crews and assist in supervising pre and post-production staff.
- Organise film permits.
- Assist in scheduling, coordinating and communicating the day-to-day workings of the whole production team.
- Provide and update production booklets, callsheets, movement orders and dailies under the supervision of the Producer.
- Coordinate travel, accommodation, work permits and visas for cast and crew.
- Assist with ordering, collecting and returning equipment, and booking freelance crew once the Producer has negotiated acceptable terms.
- Organise and process the paperwork related to insurance cover for productions, crew, vehicles, rental cars and equipment.
- Ensure that transportation needs are communicated to the crew.
- Organise the use of courier and shipping companies, co-ordinate the shipment of footage to and from various locations, make arrangements for the movement of props, and other equipment.
- Liaise with courier company re collection and delivery of drives.
- Delegate tasks to production runners, depending on the size of the production.
- Be prepared and willing to perform tasks outside his/her job description when asked to do so from time to time.
- Good understanding of office administration.
- Good understanding of the different phases of production.
- Highly computer literate, with excellent secretarial, word processing and email abilities.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and email correspondence.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- An above-average listening, reading and typing speed.
- Good with people with the ability to converse confidently and eloquently.
- Strong multi-tasking and organisational abilities.
- Accurate with strong attention to detail.
- Extensive knowledge of the company, its culture and its products and services.
- Good decision-making skills, problem solving skills and conflict management abilities.
- Have an optimistic, energetic, positive, can-do personality, with the drive and ambition to succeed and ability work without supervision.
- Be passionate and hard working.
- Pay close attention to detail and work with utmost accuracy.
- Ability to learn quickly and get things organised.
- Fit within a fast moving, demanding, and constantly evolving business, which has very clear cultural values.
- Enjoy working in a hands-on environment with a small, tight-knit team.
- Be prepared to work long hours when necessary.
- Act with integrity, respect and professionalism at all times when representing the business.
- Have a calm, common sense demeanour in a sometimes-pressured environment.
- Maintain confidentiality regarding sensitive business information and assets at all times.
If you wish to apply for this position please provide the following:
- Letter of motivation outlining why you are the best person for the role and why you wish to work at the Ginkgo Agency
- CV with references
- Contact information including: cell number and email address
You can send your application and CV to Carla Bokombe: [email protected]