Posted on :
2 Oct, 2014
2 Oct, 2014
Western Cape Government Recruitment
To conduct internal audits in compliance with the approved Internal Audit Methodology; evaluating the adequacy, effectiveness and efficiency
• A three year tertiary internal audit qualification or relevant degree;
• Minimum of 2 years appropriate internal/ external audit experience or other relevant experience.
Key performance areas:
• Assigned section of the audit completed within the allocated and agreed timeframe, remaining within budgeted hours.
• Relevant and reliable information obtained and logical conclusions drawn in each step of the prelim survey ensuring that results of each step are effectively utilised in other steps to optimize the audit focus.
• Comprehensive and accurate systems description that enhances better understanding of key aspects of the entire process is logically documented. Walk through appropriately supported by evidence and confirmed with client management;
• Working papers are complete (including cross-referencing) and accurate accompanied by useful, relevant, sufficient and reliable evidence delivered and caching notes signed off;
• Priority projects including the accurate and complete collation and consolidating information and reports are executed as per the guidance from the CAE’s office;
• Conclusions drawn per procedure are aligned to the overall engagement objective motivation cognizant of the risks;
• The elements of audit findings are appropriately aligned including adequate evaluation of root causes giving effect to practical and value-add recommendations completed.
• Audit practices-Engagement Planning and Execution;
• Analytical Thinking;
• Information Gathering;
• Interactive Communication;
• Team Work.
Note: Only shortlisted applicants will receive further correspondence. If you have not received a response from the department within three months of the closing date, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to submit originally certified copies of their documentation for verification purposes. These candidates will be required to attend interviews on a date and time as determined by the department and may also be required to undergo competency assessments/proficiency tests.
Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
SALARY: R 227 802 – R 268 338 per annum
SALARY LEVEL: 8
CLOSING DATE: 3 October 2014 @ 16:00
ENQUIRIES: Ms B Beukes: (021) 483 8297