The Geneva-based International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is a humanitarian organization that provides protection and assistance to people affected by armed conflict and other situations of violence. Our institution employs more than 20,000 staff and is present in 80 countries. The ICRC Regional Delegation in Pretoria is looking for a suitable candidate to fill the following vacancy:
Job Title: Program Manager (PM) Missing Migrants
Location: South Africa
Description of the role:
The incumbent performs the following activities within the department:
- Is liable for leading and managing the formalization of the Missing and Deceased Migrants and their Families Program (MDMP) at local, national and SADC levels. The Program Manager needs to ensure the timely completion of the program, including its implementation, monitoring and evaluation in a multidisciplinary manner and in close cooperation with the Forensic Unit.
- Takes the lead on the delegation’s understanding of the humanitarian, legal and policy environment in relation to the Missing, in particular missing migrants and their families.
- Ensures that a mechanism is conceived and set up to clarify the fate and whereabouts of missing migrants, both dead and alive, with stakeholders cooperating in the exchange and analysis of information.
- Contributes to defining pathways and interfaces between different actors allowing for the bidirectional flow of information along a migratory route. Ensures transmission and exchange of data occur among states and their respective institutions at various levels, non-governmental entities (International Organisations, Red Cross Red Crescent Movement, NGOs), civil society actors and families of missing migrants
- Contributes to the objectives of visits to Lindela Holding Facility for detained migrants (South Africa), by leading the organization of and participating to the visits and developing the dialogue with the detaining authorities.
- Contributes to the expansion of the dialogue with SADC and other authorities at national and other levels on the MDMP and relevant migration topics.
- Maintains and develops the network with migrant community leaders as part of the MDMP and other migration projects’ implementation.
Profile – Minimum required qualification & experience:
- University degree or equivalent in relevant field (5 years)
- At least 5 years’ experience in related field (Missing), including stakeholders’ management.
- Fluent spoken and written English required. Any additional language of interest to the ICRC is an asset
- Computer and presentation skills.
We are looking for someone who is an excellent networker, influencer and communicator, able to sell the program’s vision, responsible, organized, with a good sense of teamwork, initiative and respect for ICRC values. Should be able to work autonomously and with pro-activity and have superior analytical and negotiation skills.
We offer interesting, rewarding work in humanitarian and international environment.
Please submit your application: CV, cover letter, copies of diplomas / certificates by electronic mail with the mention in the subject “application to the position of Program Manager (PM) Missing Migrants” to [email protected].
Only application with all required documentation will be considered.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. The last date for receiving application is 26 November 2020.Start Date: 01 January 2021 or as soon as possible.