Applications are invited for the above-mentioned positions in the Quality Department, based at Green Park in Epping. The successful incumbents will report to the Quality Controllers.
Purpose of the Positions:
The intention is to give practical work experience to:
- Students who are in their final year of study and require exposure in a work environment and require practical work experience in order to obtain their qualification.
- Successful interns will be expected to enter into a full-time 12 month contractcommencing on the 1st of February 2017 and terminating on the 31 January 2018.
Key Learning Areas would include, but are not limited to:
- Quality Assurance (Intrinsic & extrinsic quality control, Quality Management Systems, etc.)
To qualify for selection and participation in this programme, candidates must satisfy the following criteria:
- South African citizenship.
- Satisfactory academic record and in final year of obtaining relevant tertiaryqualification (e.g. National Diploma in Food Technology; National Diploma in Analytical Chemistry; BSc Bio Technology, etc.).
- Basic computer literacy (MS Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook).
- Sound communication and presentation skills.
- Effective time management skills with the ability to multi-task and perform under pressure.
- Ability to work in a team.
- Ability to cope with the inherent physical demands of the position.
- Willing and able to work extended hours.
- Reliable transport to and from place of work.
- Must be willing, able and committed to enter into and complete the 12 month internship programme.
Prospective interns must submit the following:
- Covering letter/ Motivational letter
- Curriculum vitae (CV)
- Certified copy of tertiary academic record (progress report)
- Certified copy of Grade 12 certificate
- A letter from the tertiary institution stating the internship requirement and format for evaluation
- Certified copies of Identity Document
- Certified copies of drivers licence (if applicable)
If you are interested and meet all requirements, please register and apply via the Distell Career Portal by logging onto Success Factors and following: Home > Careers.
Closing date: 02 December 2016
For vacancies in South Africa, preference will be given to Previously Disadvantages Individuals in line with Distell’s National EE plan.
‘Your career is your greatest asset, people are ours’
CLICK HERE TO APPLY