This is a one-year internship position to provide support services to UCT’s media liaison team, as described below.
Working hours can be full-time or flexible to suit the candidate’s courses if necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Arts, Humanities or Social Sciences, majoring in Journalism, Media Studies, English or Sociology;
- Well-honed data management and research skills;
- Excellent command of the English language;
- Good organisational and analytical skills;
- More than competent in Microsoft Word and Excel;
- Familiarity with current events and how they are presented in media;
- Excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills;
- Literacy in a second SA language would be advantageous. Responsibilities:
- Producing a daily media report;
- Management of FAQs and statistics;
- Updating and managing the media database;
- Online research of traditional and new media websites;
- Compiling briefing documents; archiving of completed work;
- Possibly some writing of news articles for internal media and press releases; answering incoming calls;
- Organising office stationery;
- Submitting invoices for prompt payment and maintaining collegial relationships with service providers; and
- Monitoring lectures and demonstrations on campus when necessary for media liaison support.
The annual cost of employment is between R97688 and R173 405.
To apply, send CV (no more than 2 pages) and a writing sample of no more than 1000 words to Mr Elijah Moholola via email:[email protected]
Please ensure the title and reference number are indicated in the subject line.
An application which does not comply with the above requirements will be regarded as incomplete.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and will be required to undergo a competency test.
Telephone: 021 6505674
Reference number: E60319
Closing date: 18 March 2016
UCT is committed to the pursuit of excellence, diversity and redress in achieving its equity targets.
Click Here to Our Employment Equity Policy
UCT reserves the right not to appoint.