Would you like an opportunity to gain valuable work experience? Are you a 2014 matriculant based in the Western Cape? Interested to gain work experience in the public service? Then look no further!
Apply for our Premier’s Advancement of Youth (PAY) programme and we can make gaining work experience in the Public Service Better Together.
The PAY project will provide 750 Matrics from the class of 2014 with work and training beginning 7 April 2015 until 31 March 2016.
Is This You?
- You have written and passed the National Senior Certificate (NSC) in 2014 in the Western Cape.
- You are not going to study further in 2015.
- You are a South African citizen, residing in the Western Cape.
- You have no network or support to help you make career choices.
- You are not sure of the next step after school.
- You are financially constrained.
- You are between the ages of 18 and 24.
If your answer is “yes” to all of the above, the PAY project is for you!
On-the-job Training Will be Provided in the Following Departments
- Department of the Premier
- Department of Agriculture
- Department of Community Safety
- Department of Cultural Affairs and Sport
- Department of Economic Development and Tourism
- Department of Environmental Affairs & Development Planning
- Department of Health
- Department of Human Settlements
- Department of Local Government
- Department of Social Development
- Department of Transport and Public Works
- Provincial Treasury
- The Western Cape Education Department (WCED)
What Will You Achieve?
- Work experience in the public sector.
- Contactable references for your brand new CV.
- A set of skills and experiences that will make you more marketable and employable.
- A year in which to make informed career choices together with a network to back it up.
Make it Happen
Applications open on Wednesday, 7 January 2015.
To apply, go to http://www.westerncape.gov.za/jobs and complete the online application form.
You will need to attach a copy of your official Matric results to your online application.
You will be asked to write a brief statement about yourself regarding your:
– Key skills and abilities
– Key achievements and experiences
– Career objectives
Closing Date for applications: Friday, 30 January 2015
- If you do not have an e-mail address, create one immediately. You will need it to apply.
- You have to register on the site before you can apply for the PAY project.
- Once you have registered successfully, you will receive a username and password.
- You must use the username and password to login and complete the application.
- Please save your username and password in a secure place so that you are able to access it should you need to.
Applicants who do not have to computers are encouraged to use the following internet facilities:
- Your local library
- Your local Thusong Service Centre
- Khanya Laboratory at your local government/public school
- E-Community Forums and e-Centres in rural towns
- Western Cape Government Walk-in Contact Centre
- An Internet Café
Click Here to Application Process