The Wits Radio Academy’s Programming Hothouse develops radio programming in collaboration with Voice of Wits and community radio stations.
The unit aims to develop new ways of using a radio in order to improve public information and discussion, combining civic education with a more critical, journalistic approach.
To develop new ways of working with partner stations, particularly in the community radio sector, through co-productions which improve the availability of engaging and independent quality broadcasting?
The Wits Radio Academy seeks to appoint
a Radio content intern, based in Johannesburg
Commence: January 2018
Remuneration: Competitive monthly stipend
This is a 6-month contract with an option to renew once.
- A 3rd year Diploma/Degree or equivalent
- A keen interest in community radio and talk radio content production
- Interest and passion for excellent radio, as well as for community radio.
- Radio experience
- Proven ability to carry out journalistic research on current, and to be able to produce from that compelling media content
- As an intern you will be required to:
- Produce regular talk show content: This includes identifying content, organizing interviews and even producing multi-platform stories and content (podcasts, packages etc.)
- Assist on various programmes with content and coordination for community radio stations
- Be willing to assist with various office administration tasks
- Be willing to assist with a variety of projects including organizing events and seminars
- Work as a member of a small, hard-working, team which is passionate about community radio.
How To apply
submit a letter of motivation and detailed CV by 20 December 2018 to to Lerato.mak[email protected]. The Wits Radio Academy reserves the right not to make an appointment and continue searching after the closing date.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.