Posted on :
15 Apr, 2014
15 Apr, 2014
The Department of Home Affairs is a successful, important and integral part of the Government, responsible for providing enabling documents to the citizens as well as visitors to South Africa. In addition, the Department facilitates and coordinates all activities critical to the country’s cooperation with regional and international communities for economic growth and development purposes.
In the Department’s continued commitment to deliver on its mandate regarding skills development, we wish to announce this year’s launch of our exciting Internship Programme. The Internship Programme is aimed at enhancing youth employability and improving service delivery within the Department of Home Affairs. The Internship Programme provides youth with the opportunity to gain valuable work experience for a 12-month period. In addition to practical hands-on work experience and in-depth knowledge gained, interns will benefit from being exposed to the world of work and to the public sector in particular.
Applications are invited from unemployed graduates who seek work experience in the occupation categories/ study fields mentioned below and are interested in a career within the Department of Home Affairs.
Reference number:(Ref. HRMC 27/14/1)
Duration: 12 months
Stipend: R3 000.00 per month
• Candidates should be in possession of a 3-year diploma/degree qualification in any of the fields of study listed below
• Good academic record
• Basic computer literacy
• Positive attitude
• Willingness to learnand grow
• Honesty and integrity
• Customer service orientation
• Learning potential
• Good communication skills.
The Department of Home Affairs is committed to Employment Equity and all appointments will be made in this context. Coloured, Indian and White graduates and People with Disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Post and number of interns listed below:
Office of the Minister Strategic Planning and Administration 1
Office of the Deputy Minister Strategic Planning and Administration 1
DG’s Office: Support Services Public Administration 1
Intergovernmental Relations International Relations, Political Science and Public Administration 1
Internal Audit Internal Audit, Risk Management and Cost & Management Accounting 1
Human Resources Degree/National Diploma in Human Resource Management and related fields 1
Learning Academy Management of Training, Office Management, Public Management/Administration 1
Communications Journalism, Communications and Public Relations 1
Counter Corruption Legal Services and Security Management 1
Immigration Services Law/Social Sciences 1
Information Services ND: Information Technology 1
Finance and Supply Chain Finance and Supply Chain-related studies 1
Civic Services Public Management & Administration, Operation Management 1
Provincial location listed below:
• Western Cape
• Eastern Cape
• North West
• Northern Cape
• Free State
Any of the following areas of study: HRM/D, Finance, Supply Chain Management, Asset, Public Management & Administration 1 in each Province
• Applications will only be considered from South African citizens, aged between 18 and 35 years
• Candidates who have already participated in an Internship Programme in any Government department will NOT be considered
• Applications should be made on form Z83, obtainable from any Public Service department or Government website, and accompanied by a comprehensive CV as well as certified copies of all qualifications and Identification Document
• Application form (Z83) should be signed and dated OR the application will not be considered
• Candidates must indicate the relevant office and reference number on the Z83
• Should any applicant be in possession of a foreign qualification, it must be accompanied by an evaluation certificate from SAQA
• Interns will be allocated mentor(s) and will be placed in all Department of Home Affairs offices nationwide
• Successful candidates will be offered a 12-month contract with structured on-the-job training to enable them to gain practical work experience and an understanding of the needs and realities of the Public Service. This will prepare them for proper entry into the formal job market
• Candidates may be expected to undergo pre-employment psychometric assessments, criminal and qualification checks.
Please forward applications to: Department of Home Affairs, Head Office, Private Bag X114, Pretoria 0001 or deliver at the Hallmark Building, corner Johannes Ramokhoase and Thabo Sehume Streets, Pretoria.
Enquiries: Ms M D Dithebe, tel. (012) 406-4192 or Ms LI Dibakwane, tel. (012) 406-4195 or Ms R Sekgobela, tel. (012) 406-8176
CLOSING DATE: 18 April 2014