SWC seeks to appoint a Public Relations/Marketing Intern Volunteer to be based in Johannesburg.
Public Relations Intern Volunteer At Sizakala Wellness Counsellors
Sizakala Wellness Counsellors (S.W.C) is a nonprofit organization run by qualified mental health practitioners. We aim to provide psychological well-being and emancipate individuals within their respective communities. We focus on the psychological development and empowerment of youths, specifically those in disadvantaged communities.
The Intern assists S.W.C with public relations and marketing, helping to expand client’s profits and increase visibility.
- Assist with developing, writing and distributing approved press releases
- Assist with media relations, including pitching, researching and scheduling interviews if needed
- Assist with organization of executive photos, photo opportunities, and events
- Assist with building and maintaining relationships with both local and national media
- Assist with building and maintaining press kits
- Assist with posting logos and organizational summaries to industry services related websites and publications
- Assist with finding and completing appropriate contest entries
- Assist with following-up with members of the media to track and ensure client placement
- Assist with proofing written materials for style, grammar, etc
- Assist with planning and executing special events, if needed
- Assist with monitoring the impact of marketing plans, including revenues, and making adjustments accordingly
- Assist with writing advertising copy for clients
- Assist with developing, maintaining and using marketing database, which includes client and prospect information, mailing lists
- Access to client publications, etc
- Assist with electronic and social media marketing efforts for S.W.C
- Assist with direct mail and marketing efforts for S.W.C
- Ability to work with others
- Ability to manage numerous projects simultaneously
- Ability to assist clients from concept to production
- Adherence to deadlines and budget
- Willingness to contribute to the overall operation of the design
- Ability to generate, share and follow through on creative ideas
To apply, submit a CV, cover letter, and references to [email protected]
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application – NGO Pulse Portal
If you do not receive a response within two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful.
For more about, Sizakala Wellness Counsellors refer to www.wellnesscounsellors.co.za