Sonke Gender Justice offers internships for dynamic, enthusiastic, mature and committed individuals and professionals who are interested in learning from and contributing to Sonke’s work.
There is no financial support for internships at Sonke.
Qualities and skills that we are looking for include:
- Interest in and/or knowledge and experience of one or more of the following areas:
- Gender Studies, Masculinities, Women’s Studies
- Communications (including Writing, Editing and Visual Media)
- Mobilisation and Organizing
- Organizational Capacity Building
- Media and Outreach
- International Development
- Policy, Advocacy and Law
- Human Resources
- Donor Relations and Fundraising
- Monitoring and Evaluation
- Sociology, African Studies, International Law, International Relations, Community Development
- Health, HIV/AIDS, Health Policy, Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights, Child Protection, Refugee Rights, Human Rights
- Government Systems, Policies and Advocacy
- A strong gender-equality and human-rights ethos.
- Fluency in English. Other languages (such as French, Portuguese, Zulu, Xhosa, Afrikaans) are meriting.
- Strong English writing and editing skills.
- Web, software, technical or graphic design skills are meriting.
As a prospective intern, you can apply for a general internship, Individual Unit Internships, Communications and Strategic Information (CSI) Unit, Community Education and Mobilisation (CEM) Unit, Policy, Development and Advocacy Unit (PDA) Unit and International Programmes and Networks (IPN) Unit
Click Here to Select and Register