Posted on :
13 Jun, 2010
Investec provides a diverse range of financial products and services to a niche client base in three principal markets, the United Kingdom, South Africa and Australia, as well as certain other geographies. Investec South Africa recruits Assistant Accountant
• Preparation and processing of the monthly IT recoveries.
• Preparation and processing of the general ledger monthly journals.
• Proactive analysis and management of monthly expenses in detail.
• Finalising month end figures.
• Authorising of invoices for payment.
• Preparation and ownership of the monthly management pack.
• Preparation and involvement in the annual budget process.
• Preparation and involvement in the forecasting process.
• Handling of internal and external queries.
• Providing Head Office with monthly reporting information (estimated closing numbers, headcount numbers, forecast numbers).
• Reconciliation and management of project costs (project accounting – full function from start to finish).
• Managing of the WIP accounts and understanding of project release dates and project accounting.
• Ownership of Sundry Debtors, Prepayments and Sundry Creditors accounts.
• Vat recons, IT recharges recon, balance sheet recons, timesheet recons
• Preparation of the year end audit file.
• Adhoc administrative, project and accounting tasks.
• Backup to another assistant accountant.
Core competencies (Essential)
• BCom / CIMA qualification with articles or 3 years working experience;
• Ability to work in a team
• Excellent accounting skills
• High degree of attention to detail
• Strong time management skills
• Excellent Excel skills
• Ability to work in a dynamic and changing environment
• Proactive individual
• Ability to work to tight deadlines and under pressure, managing conflicting priorities
• Good presentation and communication skills
• Passion for accounts, numerate, highly analytical
• Self starter
• Knowledge of JDE and Essbase systems
• IT project / accounting experience
• Approachable and ability to take criticism
• Highly self-motivated
• Service orientated
• Perform well under pressure
• Team player
How to Apply:
Visit: https://careers.investec.co.za and apply