Ipas works globally to increase women’s ability to exercise their sexual and reproductive rights and to reduce abortion-related deaths and injuries. They seek to expand the availability, quality and sustainability of abortion and related reproductive health services, as well as improve the enabling environment.
Ipas believes that no woman or girl should have to risk her life or health because she lacks safe reproductive health choices Across Africa, Asia and Latin America, they work with partners to make safe abortion and contraception widely available, to connect women with vital information so they can access safe services, and to advocate for safe, legal abortion.
Job Title: Country Finance Manager
Purpose of the role
The Finance Manager is responsible for the overall fiscal management of compliance of the country office by overseeing accurate budgeting, recording expenditures, country office financial reporting, donor reports, reviewing and processing payments, accurate time keeping/coding, compliance with all related policies and backup for processing cash and accounts payable. This includes auditing and supervision of finance and accounting staff in the Ipas South Africa Office. This position will need to collaborate with global finance, human resources and the programs units for all matters related to accounting, reporting, auditing, and compliance. The Finance Manager is accountable for accurate data in the financial system records and for the capacity and training for the Ipas South Africa finance staff and other staff with roles in the system.
- Manage the country office finance team by ensuring timely and accurate processing of financial transactions, timely and accurate reporting and submission of financial reports to NC Ipas Global Office and donors
- Ensure compliance with all Ipas SOPs, policies, guidelines and processes and coordinate the South Africa finance team support for the implementation of the NC Ipas Global Office compliance plan
- Ensure all financial transactions are accurately and consistently entered into the accounting system (ERP) and make sure all transactions are posted in a timely manner.
- Ensure Global Human Resources has accurate and verifiable financial and payroll data for all employees, consultants, interns, or other categories of personnel.
- Train staff on changes related to the accounting system, new government rules and regulations, donor stipulations and any other reporting requirements from NC Ipas Global Office, donors or partners.
- Provide technical support to partner organizations with emphasis on compliance with Ipas’s financial reporting requirements
- Maintain complete and accurate financial records for Ipas South Africa operations and activities and ensure the records are properly and adequately safeguarded.
- Review the reconciliations of balance sheet accounts and make sure to obtain the necessary approvals
- Perform the overall review of the monthly financial report and provide feedback to country office management. Share the review notes with the operations, technical and programs unit colleagues.
- Perform a budget versus actual review/analysis and provide feedback to the country management team on a monthly and quarterly basis and inform the operations, technical and programs unit colleagues.
- Oversee all internal/external and statutory audits and ensure timely submission of all documents requested by the auditors
- Ensure audit corrective action plans are prepared to address all internal/external and statutory audit findings; ensure also corrective action plans are fully implemented as per the established timeline for completion of each task
- Provide responses to all finance-related questions from the Ipas Global Office and when necessary, consult with the Country Director and/or Ipas Global Office in answering donor queries
- Ensure Ipas South Africa is in compliance with local tax requirements that the International HR Business Partner is aware of and updated on the taxation rules affecting employee’s payroll, and is informed of all payroll transactions.
- Ensure payroll is audited by Human Resources, is in compliance with the Country labor law, and that paystubs are issued to employees each month in compliance with HR standards.
- Ensure complete and signed supporting documents are filed for each financial transaction.
- Oversee the management, proper tracking and safeguarding of Ipas South Africa’s assets and properties.
Budget and Planning
- Working closely with the operations, technical and programs unit colleagues in collaboration with the assigned Program Manager to manage all budget preparations using Workday (ERP system), monitoring, implementation and reporting to Ipas Global Office and donors.
- Assist the country office technical and program teams to develop the annual budget, consistent with annual strategic plans and project budgets for donors.
- Ensure that all budgets are accurate and submitted in a timely manner.
- Ensure plans for monthly cash need is completed timely, accurately and submitted to the Ipas Global Office as requested.
- Advanced Degree in Finance/Business or related Field.
- Certifications Preferred: Chartered Accountant- CPA, ACA or ACCA (or an international equivalent)
- Minimum 12 years of professional experience, strong background in financial management with an international NGO or international organization overseeing: project financial management, financial controls, accounting, payroll, audits, reporting accruals, pipeline, and expense validation and reimbursement to service providers.
- Strong analytical skills; experience in working closely with the programme team
- Sound knowledge of accounting principles and techniques, local tax laws required
- Experience managing large grants, funds, and/or budgets
- Prior supervisory experience required; collaboration focused in approach to managing/motivating teams to deliver desired objectives
- Demonstrated experience working in environments where meeting multiple deadlines is essential.
- Strong communication, presentation and analytical skills
- Sound stakeholder management skills i.e. internal & external stakeholders.
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Strong computer skills with knowledge of accounting software, database software and MS Office
- Ability to work in a diverse environment
- Ability to work under pressure
- Willingness to travel and work additional hours when needed
- High on integrity, ethics. Highly transparent in approach and style of engagement
- Prior experience of working with Headquarters – preferably US based, with knowledge of US based finance/ accounting frameworks) would be valuable
- Experience of working in a matrix reporting structure will be valuable
- Experience with Workday ERP preferred
The search is being managed by The Taplow Group, a Global Executive Search Firm & Human Capital Solutions company. Candidates interested to apply for the role should email their resumes to Ms. Rituparna Acharyya, Senior Associate, The Taplow Group.
Email ID: [email protected]
Application Deadline: Wednesday, 31 July, 2019