Irene Homes is a non-profit organisation working with women who are intellectually disabled within a residential facility.
Job Title: Social Work Manager
- Responsible for the clinical management of all residents with regard to legislative regulations and achievement of best practice outcomes;
- Responsible for implementation and management of the Minimum Norms and Standards for Residential care;
- Responsible for the managing of the day-to-day affairs linked to the effective running of resident houses;
- Responsible for implementation and management of the Volunteer and Community Service programme;
- Responsible for admissions of new residents;
- Responsible for the orientation of new residents;
- Responsible for the management of the personnel training and education programme;
- Responsible for the management of the Family & Friends programme;
- Liaise with various government departments in term of legislation, subsidised services, programmes, etc.
- Must be prepared to be on call including weekends
- Degree in Social Work and registered with the SACSSP;
- Management experience within a residential care facility between 7 and 10 years
- Valid driver’s licence
- Personal circumstances must allow the candidate to be on call and assist with matters after normal working hours and on weekends.
- Experience with therapeutic interventions and therapeutic processes
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate that she:
- Has knowledge of the nature of intellectual and physical disabilities;
- Has knowledge of the techniques for observing and assessing resident behaviour;
- Has knowledge of training and supervisory techniques and methods;
- Has knowledge of current research in the field of intellectual disabilities programming and its practical application;
- Has the ability to work within a multi-disciplinary team;
- Has the ability to instruct, direct and evaluate employees;
- Has the ability to identify and resolve administrative problems;
- Has the ability to observe, assess and modify the behaviour of persons with intellectual disabilities;
- Has the ability to allocate, direct, and coordinate the work of residential staff;
- Has the ability to coordinate support services and programme activities with other departments of the facility and /or community agencies;
- Has the ability to maintain records, prepare reports, and compose communications;
- Has the ability to compile policies and procedures.
Submit a motivation letter and CV (with 3 recent contactable references) to [email protected].
Application Deadline: Monday, 30 September, 2019