Isibani Development Partners is a South African-registered NGO, launched in 2011 to become a leading local technical assistance provider, systems strengthening and grants manager for health and social service in Southern Africa.
Isibani has been appointed by the National Department of Health to serve as one of the Sub-Recipients (SRs) for the GLOBAL FUND TB/HIV program in Ekurhuleni and City of Johannesburg.
Job Title: QI Officers
Job Overview: The quality improvement officer will work closely with the Isibani QI Advisor, programme managers as well as subdistrict QI teams to implement, document, and report quality improvement (QI) activities, as per the National Department of Health TB Framework and Strategic Plan. S/He will also work with the relevant stakeholders in the subdistricts to improve the quality of health care services in target facilities. The Officer’s primary role is to support and ensure that healthcare workers within their facilities comply with care standards and quality key performance indicators.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Identify and address QI capacity building needs for the Subdistrict Quality Improvement Teams and Facility based improvement teams to promote the implementation of the NDoH TB QI model and approach (Model for improvement) across TB programme in the subdistrict health interventions.
- Support the QI Advisor in coordinating, facilitating, and tracking monthly facility performance review and quality improvement activities, in close collaboration with the respective subdistrict teams.
- Support the QI Advisor in conducting monthly integrated QI coaching and mentorship activities for the health facilities in the respective clusters based on performance data.
- Coordinate targeted QI coaching activities for health facility teams to design, implement, monitor, document, and report QI activities.
- Support and facilitate the Facility QI team meetings and implementation of their QI plans
- Provide support for reporting QI activities, results and sharing during the learning sessions in accordance with the NDoH TB framework and strategic plan.
- Contribute to the development, implementation, and tracking of monthly, quarterly, and annual QI activity reports and plans (workplans)
- Contribute to the documentation and dissemination of QI related activities, progress, successes, lessons learned, and best practices
- Support the district to plan and continuously utilize the findings for improvement.
- Support the use of prescribed data tools to track progress of PDSA projects at facility level.
Education and Experience:
- At least a three (3) years tertiary qualification in Health Sciences or nursing education qualification
- Minimum of 3 years professional experience in a public health sector and NGO setting
- Experience in TB and HIV prevention and management
- Experience in district health data management systems (i.e.TIER.net, Web-DHIS, THIS data)
- Valid driver’s license
Key skills and competencies
- Excellent writing skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to clearly and concisely express ideas and concepts in written and oral forms
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft office software, especially Excel
- Ability to travel within the district.
- Conversant with South Africa’s National Strategic Plan on HIV, TB and STIs 2017-2022 (NSP) and the Treatment and Retention Acceleration Plan (TRAP)
Suitable candidates to send applications at [email protected]
Subject line:” QI Officer QI001”
Application Deadline: Friday, 30 April 2020
Kindly note only shortlisted candidates will be notified