Isibani Development Partners is a South African-registered NGO, launched in 2011 to become a leading local technical assistance provider, systems strengthening and grants manager for health and social service in Southern Africa.
Job Title: Quality Improvement Advisor
Location: Johannesburg and Ekurhuleni Districts.
Working alongside the District Health Management Team, the QI Advisor is expected to guide District and facility staff (including nurses, doctors and managers) to utilize quality improvement tools, techniques and methodologies to understand the gaps in patient finding, linkage to care and LTBI programs, case referral within facilities and improve on existing processes. He/she is expected to develop and test models for improvement in care and facilitate knowledge sharing and learning sessions for QI capability-building, especially at district level.
Key Performance Areas
- Building capability on QI methodology and facilitation of learning sessions
- Develop the driver diagram to guide the implementation of TB-QI project in the district
- Develop overall district work plan for the TB-QI project with clear roles and responsibilities
- IO will work hand in hand with the District and sub-district teams on preparations for all district level trainings and learning sessions and overall implementation of QI project
- Make sure the district, sub-district and facilities have all the necessary documents for quality improvement.
- IO will participate and assist with teaching in all district level learning sessions to ensure standardization
- IO will participate in the training of data capturers to improve the quality and reliability of data.
- QI Coaching and Mentoring
- IO will provide onsite technical support through joint facility visits with the district coaches using the standardized supervisory tools
- IO will assist facilities to refine change ideas, PDSAs, process measures and data analysis through coaching of facility QI teams.
- IO will provide support to the district leadership in coaching and mentoring QI teams and spreading best practices between sub districts
- Joint planning with the district team on QI activities
- Monitor progress through data reviews
- Facilitate presentation on TB-QI progress in monthly cluster meetings to share experiences, successes and challenges of implementation
- Analysis and Data Review (throughout project, on a quarterly basis)
- IO will assist with baseline data collection, data quality assessments (DQAs) and analysis for district and facilities
- IO will assist facilities to document and share best practices on an ongoing basis
- Facilitate presentation on TB-QI progress in monthly DHMT meetings and quarterly district review meetings to share experiences, successes and challenges of implementation
Reports and documentation
- IO will submit monthly activity reports as per workplan to the district and hiring organization
- Contribute to the district quarterly report (narrative and data reports),
- Ensure quality and completeness of data including contribution of TB-QI
Education and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Health Sciences or post nursing education qualification
- Minimum of five years professional experience in a public health sector and NGO setting
- 2 years experience in QI within the district health system
- Experience in TB and HIV prevention and management
- A proven track record in delivering QI
- Proficiency in district health data management systems (i.e.TIER.net, Web-DHIS, THIS data)
- Valid driver’s license
Key skills and competencies
- Conversant with South Africa’s National Strategic Plan on HIV, TB and STIs 2017–2022 (NSP)
- Must have experience in TB and HIV prevention and management
- Systems-thinker with ability to think through multi-factorial problems and navigate complex situations
- Previous work experience in NGOs or funded programmes
- Very good interpersonal skills
- Ability to trouble shoot and problem solving
Suitable candidates to submit applications to: [email protected]
Application Deadline: Monday, 23 September, 2019