Isibani Development Partners is a South African-registered NGO, launched in 2011 to become a leading local technical assistance provider, systems strengthening and grants manager for health and social service in Southern Africa.
Isibani has been appointed by the National Department of Health to serve as one of the Sub-Recipients (SRs) for the GLOBAL FUND TB/HIV program in Ekurhuleni and City of Johannesburg.
Job Title: TB Tracers
Job Overview: Purpose of the position The ideal candidate for this role will form part of a community outreach team, ensure proper screening, testing, linkage of TB clients to care and support services as well as facilitation of retention to care according to DOH guidelines. The incumbent will also ensure that TB clients are linked to a relevant facility and as well as community services.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- In collaboration with the EN and DC, ENA TB Tracer will together with the community outreach team ensure proper tracing and linkage of TB patients to care.
- Providing information and education to the TB patients and their household/family on the essential need to complete treatment irrespective of clinical symptoms.
- Do home visits and community outreach to optimize treatment adherence amongst TB patients
- Tracing of TB patients who had interrupted treatment or had missed scheduled follow up appointments for monitoring sputum status
- Provide adherence support MDR –TB patients
- Mobilise and recruit community members to access X-ray mobiles services screening
- Conduct household visits and psychosocial support
- Perform other related duties as required for effective implementation of the GF project.
Education and Experience
- Grade 12
- Certificate in Enrolled Nurse Auxiliary registered with SANC
- Must have the knowledge of TB & HIV screening and testing services; tracing and linkage coupled with basic TB, HIV and adherence
- A minimum of 1 year working experience within a similar environment or any clinical setting
- Experience in working with outreach teams & providing health education
- A good understanding of referral systems and pathways as well as linkage and retention in care strategies
- Community TB screening will be an advantage
- Computer literacy is essential
- Clear criminal record
Suitable candidates to send applications at [email protected]
Subject line:” TB Tracers TBT 001”
Application Deadline: 5th of June 2020