Isibani Development Partners is a South African-registered NGO, launched in 2011 to become a leading local technical assistance provider, systems strengthening and grants manager for health and social service in Southern Africa.
Isibani seeks to appoint Focal Nurses to implement its NDoH Global fund TB / HIV program in the City of Johannesburg and Ekurhuleni Districts.
Job Title: TB Focal Nurse
Location: South Africa
Based at hospital / decentralised sites, the focal Nurse will work closely with the medical and nursing service manager and quality improvement focal person, to activate HIV / TB QI activities, coordinate and deliver services, and improve notification and linkage to care at PHCs.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
1. Coordinate TB activities
- Work closely with hospital/decentralised site management, HAST, sub district managers, and facility managers.
- Implement TB quality improvement (QI) activities, including establishing QI teams and facilitating QI meetings
2. Support data collection and data management activities
- Work closely with data capture/data management teams
- Support QI activities to promote high quality data collation and data management
3. TB, HIV Care and Prevention
- Support in-hospital TB and HIV care and prevention activities, including screening, patient education, sputum collection and HIV testing
- Provide mentorship and support for provision of appropriate treatment for latent TB infection (LTBI) – 3HP
- Support linkage to care in hospital
4. Support active TB case finding
- Employ appropriate messaging to trigger demand-driven TB case finding
5. Promote and support infection prevention and control activities
- Support hospital / decentralised management in implementation of effective IPT throughout the facicility
- Ensure staff adhere to standard operating procedures with respect to personal protective equipment (PPE)
Diploma / degree in Nursing:
- Registration with the South African Nursing Council as a Professional Nurse
- At least 5 years’ experience in nursing post registration
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Ability to communicate in English and at least one African language- isiZulu/Sotho
- Valid driver’s licence
Knowledge, Skills and Competencies:
- Good leadership, mentoring and people management skills
- Proficient computer skills including email, record keeping, routine database activity, internet software, spreadsheet software and word processing software
- Excellent attention to detail and deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build relationships with stakeholders
- Previous exposure within an NGO environment
- Must have prior TB case management experience.
Suitable candidates to send applications at [email protected] Subject “Focal Nurse”.
Application Deadline: 30 January 2020.