Isibani Development Partners is a South African-registered NGO, launched in 2011 to become a leading local technical assistance provider, systems strengthening and grants manager for health and social service in Southern Africa.
Isibani has been appointed by the National Department of Health to serve as one of the Sub-Recipients (SRs) for the GLOBAL FUND TB/HIV program in Ekurhuleni and City of Johannesburg. Isibani seeks to appoint Finance and Operations Manager, to be based in Pretoria.
Job Title: The Finance and Operations Manager
Job Overview: The Finance and Operations Manager is a member of the senior management team, and will be responsible for overall financial management and operations of the GF NDoH TB/HIV program.
Key Responsibilities Include:
1. Financial Management and Leadership
- Ensure proper management of general ledger and posting of transactions
- Review of payroll processing and payments
- Review and management of balance sheet reconciliations
- Coordinate month end process
- Review and approval of trial balance and general ledger.
- Develop monthly financial accounts
- Cash flow management and review of monthly cash flow forecast
- Monitoring of expenditure against budget.
- Manage bank accounts.
2. Strategic Annual Financial Planning
- Lead annual financial strategic planning.
- Identify potential areas of financial and compliance vulnerability and risk and develop or implement corrective action plans to resolve problematic issues
- Implement fraud mitigation practices and ensure systems and processes are implemented effectively to support program implementation
- Ensure proper financial documentation and reporting, establish and provide direction and management of project funds.
- Provide support and work closely with departmental leads on developing budgets
- Produce the consolidated financial annual plan for review and approval by the Executive Director.
3. External Stakeholder Reporting
- Preparation of Quarterly forecast reports.
- Preparation of Quarterly and annual financial report
- Manage obligations and modifications.
- Manage relationships with the bank.
4. Internal Control Systems Management
- Initiate, develop, maintain, and revise policies and procedures for the general operation of the finance and compliance program and its related activities and to promote cost efficiency and compliance with all rules and regulations
- Put in place internal controls to ensure proper segregation of duties, cost effectiveness and safe guarding of Isibani’s financial assets.
5. Staff Supervision and Professional Development
- Setting performance goals with reporting staff.
- Review of performance against planned goals and agreeing on plan of action.
- Identify and agree areas of development – create a development plan.
- Manage staff morale working with Human Resources.
6. Statutory Compliance
- Ensure compliance with statutory bodies locally.
- Monthly reporting and payment of PAYE, SDL & UIF as well as VAT.
- Updating of payroll software to incorporate new tax regulations.
- Ensure submission of employer payroll declarations: semi-annually and annual.
- Preparation and coordination of annual audits.
- Address audit findings and provide report to Executive Director.
- Ensure updating of bank mandates as necessary.
7. Managing of Procurement and IT
- Managing and monitoring procurement policies and systems in coordination with the Senior Finance and Operations Officer.
- Ensure procurement is done in line with applicable rules and regulations.
- Maintain procurement systems and standards according to Isibani Procedures Manual and strictly adhering to procurement limits.
- Manage and monitor relationship with IT support ensuring value for money.
8. Facilities and Equipment Management
- Maintaining of lease and service level agreements
- Ensure that staff promptly report problems to building management.
- Ensure that office and asset security is consistently checked and updated where necessary and that all equipment and office space is sufficiently covered by insurance policy.
9. Oversight Management of Human Resource Department.
- Ensure that overall administration, coordination, and evaluation of human resources plans, and programs are realized.
Minimum Educational Qualification, Experience and Skills:
- Bachelors’ Degree in Financial management/Financial Accounting or another relevant field; An Honours degree will be an added advantage
- 10 years’ experience in accounting, operations and financial management of large-scale, complex, donor funded programs;
- Experience working in an NGO setting
- Demonstrated supervisory experience, interpersonal skills and team building experience;
- Familiarity with Treasury, PFMA and donor related financial reporting and compliance requirements;
- Demonstrated experience and skills in developing, presenting and managing large budgets;
- Excellent working knowledge of SAGE VIP, SAGE Pastel Evolution and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint);
- A customer service-oriented individual with ability to deal with all service providers;
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
Suitable candidates to send applications at [email protected]
Subject line:” Finance & Ops Manager 001”
Application Deadline: Friday, 18 December 2020
Kindly note only shortlisted candidates will be notified