Islamic Relief is an international relief and development organisation which strives to alleviate poverty around the world regardless of religion, race or religion. Islamic Relief South Africa is a country office of the Islamic Relief Worldwide family, which has offices in over 40 countries around the globe.
Job Title: Regional Programmes Coordinator
Job Location: Cape Town
Duration: Six months fixed term, with a view to permanent
Salary: R150 000 to R185 448 per annum
- Identify, develop and implement humanitarian projects aimed at the upliftment of the region driven by the programmes strategy of Islamic Relief South Africa
- Spearhead regional programming through identification of opportunities for project development and institutional fundraising
- Participate in regional humanitarian and/or stakeholder meetings for enhanced institutional visibility and fundraising
- Coordinate monitoring, evaluation and learning for regional projects in liaison with the programme team, implementing partners and IRSA and Monitoring and Evaluation Team
- Provide the general management of multiple regional projects in liaison with sector leads and/or HOD
- Must have previous experience of a similar role, the relevant degree and/or diploma and an in depth understanding of community and sustainable development issues in an NGO environment
- Understanding of and proven track record of field work experience in developing countries in rehabilitation, development and emergency contexts
- Ability to formulate own ideas and action plans
- Knowledge and understanding of the local region and community
- Willingness to be flexible about hours and location of work in order to accommodate emergencies, delivery to a community and work activity
- Strong organisational skills i.e. ability to prioritise and plan work, set and achieve deadlines, establish and maintain monitoring systems and work cohesively with a professional team to reach goals set and deliver to the communities
To apply, click www.islamic-relief.org.za to download the application form and submit completed application form of one page motivational letter and your CV along with a certified copy of your ID to [email protected]
If the requirements of the application as above, is not met, we will consider the application as incomplete and this will therefore not be accepted.
Please consider your application as unsuccessful if you are not contacted within a month after the closing date.
Over and above operational requirements Islamic Relief South Africa will take into account the country’s and organisational employment equity imperatives.
Application Deadline: 2nd November, 2018