Posted on :
6 Oct, 2010
PBT Group is looking for outstanding candidates / graduates wanting to embark on a specialist IT career path. Our program will equip you with BI best practices, real-life case studies, intensive training and on-the-job mentoring culminating in your deployment into business.
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
– Custom-developed Business Intelligence internship program
– Duration – 1 year
– Class-room training by experts in the BI space
– Gain practical experience in the workplace
– Continuous mentoring during and after the program
– Opportunity of being employed. At the end of the program candidates will be selected by PBT and one of our Clients on a one for one basis to be employed as BI consultants
Successful candidates will be trained in amongst others:
– Business Intelligence architecture.
– Dimensional data modeling.
– Information and Metadata management.
– ETL design and implementation.
– Business analysis for Business Intelligence.
– Data quality and data profiling.
– Business Intelligence programs, roles and responsibilities, methodologies and work methods.
– Front-end application design and implementation – analysis, dashboards and reporting.
In each of these courses attendees are taught the best practices of Business Intelligence. Learn about what works and what doesn’t from practicing specialists. After 6 months of intensive training, which includes real-life case studies as well as on-the-job mentoring, you will be ready for deployment in the business. Subsequently you will be equipped to make a real difference to the business by providing them with the information they need to drive the business forward efficiently and effectively.
ABOUT PBT GROUP: Setting a precedent in advanced business solutions and services, PBT Group (www.pbt.co.za) is the market leader in the specialist Information Technology industry. Established in 1999 PBT has established a name in the industry as being the leading Business Intelligence and Information Specialists in South Africa with a fast growing international client base. With an experienced Managerial and Technical team, PBT’s staff members are highly skilled in their individual areas of expertise, which include Data Warehousing, Business Intelligence and Business Application Development and are constantly keeping up to date with the fast-paced Information Technology industry and the latest system development technologies. PBT is not tied to any technology set – we use the best of breed technologies to suit our clients’ requirements and systems. PBT has active partnerships with all the leading business intelligence, data warehousing, data integration and DBMS vendors.
ABOUT BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE (BI):
– Business intelligence is the process of gathering info in the field of business. It can be described as enhancing data into info and then into knowledge.
– Businesses realize that in this very competitive, fast paced and ever-changing business environment, a key competitive quality is how quickly they respond and adapt to change. Business intelligence enables them to use information gathered to quickly and constantly respond to changes. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Business_intelligence
PBT BI Services
– Business analysis and requirements specification
– Data warehouse, data mart design, modelling and implementation
– Extraction, transform and loading (ETL) from source systems and databases using third party or custom-developed tools and packages
– User access to critical business information through various technologies such as data mining, executive information systems, online analytical processing, information analysis, exploitation and delivery and ad-hoc querying and reporting tools
– Data warehouse implementation and ongoing management
– Project management throughout the entire data warehouse and information delivery life cycles
The successful candidate should have the following competencies / attributes:
– A Bachelors Degree or final year student in Information Systems or Computer Science
– Academic record: a sustained average of 65% and above (your final mark will determine your consideration for the intake into the programme)
– Strong knowledge of the Information Technology Development Lifecycle;
– Firm understanding of Database Functionality;
– Strong analytical skills;
– Strong programming skills.
– The ability to plan, research, analyse and interpret data;
– Good communication and language skills;
– Strong Leadership qualities;
– Good communication and language skills