- Plan and Manage rollout of a Software including release phases & their timelines
- Design and implement procedures for the distribution and installation of changes to IT systems
- Control the distribution and installation of changes to IT systems
- Effectively communicate and manage expectations of the Business during the planning and rollout of new releases
- Manage Software Release Roadmap
- Manage Impact Analysis for all the changes to IT systems in co-ordination with System Integrator
- Manage Training needs of Business users
- Develop and document various Release processes and procedures to be adapted by various teams.
- Develop various reports to generate insightful information for every release. Use this information to perform any corrections in process, procedure, policy and training needs for the user team.
- Successful development of cross site relationships within different IT & Business teams.
- Interface with multiple teams related to product development and implementation.
- Manage multiple changes to IT systems concurrently.
- Ensure all documentation is in place for a Project/CR required during handover to IT Operations.
- Assist in developing policies, procedures and operational guidelines within the context of a release.
- All other duties as assigned.
Requirements, Experience and Attributes
The ideal candidate for this post should have the following:
Qualification and Skills:
- Understanding of SDCL, ITIL processes
- Technical agility
- Attention To Detail
- Good communication across all levels
- Sense of urgency
- People Management
- Degree in Information Technology
- ITIL Certification will be added advantage
- 3-5 years experience in the software development, software management and/or operations in a telecommunication environment
- Knowledge of Software Development principles.
- Knowledge of and experience with Software Release management.
- 3-5 years experience with Leadership and Team skills.
- 3-5 years experience in Project Management.
- Ability to work with a team of global system integrator, testers, developers.
- Understanding of various technologies including applications, database design, networking, telecommunications and connectivity.
- Demonstrated experience in moving projects from initiation through deployment and handover to operations.
Click here to apply online
Closing Date: Tuesday, December 17, 2013 | Gauteng (Midrand)