The Donor Events & Relations Officer is tasked with management of Donor relationships and Donor opportunities, Event and Activation planning across all provinces and the timely coordination of Donor information and reporting to assist the Country Director in maintaining and growing Donors for the company.
Job Title: Donor Events & Relations Officer
Location: South Africa
Donor Event & Relationship Management – 80%
- Liaison with JAM South Africa’s internal and external stakeholders including existing and new partners, NGO/NBO and government departments in collaboration with the Country Director.
- Prepare Donor proposal documents and submit them for review and approval by the Country Director, meeting stipulated deadlines.
- Manage all Donor report submissions to due date as stipulated in MOU’s, agreements and contracts.
- Research Donor and potential Donor preferences and priorities and develop a framework for correlation to JAM South Africa programming.
- Maintain Donor relationships with current Donors and new Donors.
- Represent JAM South Africa at internal and external meetings and events.
- Lead planning and execution of donor events, working with a team where required.
- Accuracy and attention to detail, in line with the direction determined by the Country Director.
- Assist in the sourcing of Donors.
- Network with Donors and potential Donors to raise awareness and income through all JAM SA projects.
- Assist and Promote JAM at talks, luncheons, business networking sessions etc.
- Develop, maintain and grow the JAM SA donor database, accurately capturing leads (potential donors) as well as donors.
- Ensure accuracy in listing of schools, Corporates, Media, Volunteers and other data categories.
- Manage Donor Accounts and Contacts on JAM South Africa’s donor database.
- Maintaining a 24hr response turn around for all Donors and donation queries.
- Problem solving with relevant staff around the needs of the Donors, maintaining a balance between Donor needs and organisational systems and programming.
- Develop and nurture designated Donors, this includes development of Donor profiles and support calls to facilitate relationships.
- Use of sales and marketing techniques to grow Donors, in frequency and amount of donation.
- Help with planning and packaging of all Donors end of year gifts.
- Research for upgrading of Database tools and systems.
- Share knowledge, ideas and Skills.
- Coordinate stakeholder contact through the implementation of a stakeholder contact management system within JAM’s Salesforce software
- Manage and implement stakeholder satisfaction research projects, including the development and implementation of strategies for continually improving stake holder satisfaction
Financial Management – 15%
- Ensure “project “ spending is in line with the approved projects budgets and Donor compliance is maintained.
- Provide financial reporting from Donor database to Country Director.
- Plan and budget accurately for JAM SA events, as well as expense reports and budget reconciliations post event.
Team Cooperation – 5%
- Cooperate with Marketing Team in setting on going weekly Plan of Action as opportunities arise.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Matriculation Certificate.
- Tertiary degree or diploma preferably in a development field.
- Experience in a customer service environment.
- 5 years knowledge of computer and MS. Office, Databases essential.
- Good financial account knowledge and experience.
- Good computer database knowledge and reporting experience.
- Professional general office and word coordination ability.
- Confidentiality in previous employment.
- Self-management of time and personal workflow
- Be able to maintain confidentiality of the valuable information– There is no authority to use or disclose any information from database to any person without the Country Director’s approval. (Financial, Donor manager or personal info)
- Should be capable of handling issues and complaints
- Should be fully aware of information related to the product or services of the organisation
- Possesses good efficiency in the transaction processing
- Good interpersonal skills
- Computer skills
- Excellent Language (English) & spelling abilities
- Attention to detail & accuracy
- Ability to accurately represent the organisation
- People Skills
- Account management skills
- Must be self-motivated
- Must be aware of how to approach new potential Donors
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to provide information in an efficient and accurate manner
- Must be aware of every aspect related to the organisation in terms of processes, programmes and services and policy procedures.
- Able to work under pressure in order to manage an extensive call flow
- Solid work-related ethics
- Exemplary customer service skills
- Should be able to recognise sales objectives and explore new opportunities
- Excellent telephonic communication skills
- Able to keep a positive attitude.
Send your CV to: [email protected]
Application Deadline: Saturday, 9 November, 2019