Joint Aid Management (JAM) is an African-founded, Christian international humanitarian relief and development organisation.
In line with our vision of Helping Africa help itself our programmes provide sustainable solutions for beneficiaries across Africa.
Job Title: Graphic Designer
Location: JAM South Africa
The main purpose of this position is to implement the design requirements of JAM South Africa, from concept creation to design and layout implementation and finished art. The designer will also liaise with internal team, suppliers and clients in managing, developing and executing all briefed design work, both printed and online based.
Key performance Indicators
- Managing and developing design and publishing work from concept or brief through to design, layout, print and production with a focus on layout and publishing according to CI.
- Working to a task list, and with good time management, to meet deadlines
- Changing layout as per managerial review and requirement, reviewing final layouts against the brief and changes requested and suggesting improvements as required
- Liaising with external suppliers where applicable, to ensure quality check and deadlines are met and material is delivered to the highest quality
- Thinking creatively: Developing, designing and creating new concepts within the core vision of the marketing department
- Making decisions and problem solving: Analysing and evaluating information to choose and implement the best solution
- Keeping up to date: Keeping up-to-date with design trends, programmes and software
- Establishing and maintaining relationships: Developing and maintaining constructive, cooperative and beneficial working relationships within the JAM South Africa team, with suppliers and clients
- Organising, planning and prioritising work: Developing specific goals. The ability to plan, prioritise, organise, and accomplish work within set deadlines and budgets
- Scheduling and briefing work and project management: Scheduling and completing design projects from start to end, including the management of time and costs. Briefing and managing suppliers and clients, all other project timeframes and activities
- Apple designer with five to seven years’ experience
- WordPress, HTML, Adobe Creative Suite experience
- Layout and publishing specialist with creative ability
- Client and supplier liaison experience
- A good understanding of InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop.
- An Art Degree / Diploma in Graphic Design or similar qualification
- Good time management skills
- A meticulous eye for detail and a strong awareness of consistency
- Team player
- Online and digital know-how
- Experience in info graphics from high end coffee table books, website templates, e-newsletters, annual reports, brochures, print adverts, pamphlets, bookmarks an any other printed materials – always conforming to company corporate identity and logos
- Passionate for social, environmental and development work
- Capable quality photography
Ideal behavioral competencies:
- Solutions driven
- Able to see the big picture
- Collaborative approach
- Positive attitude
- Client focused
- Ability to self-manage deadlines
- Passionate, energised and creative
- Ethical and honest
- Enquiring and curious
- Takes delight in delivery
- Driven by passion and diversity
- Resilience and determination
- Strong in relationship building
Limits of authority
- Subject to the limits of authority as described in the strategic document.
Send your CV to: [email protected]
Application Deadline: 9th November 2019