Jembi Health Systems NPC is a South African non-profit company that specialises in developing, implementing and supporting health information systems in low resource settings, mainly in Africa.
We work with Ministries of Health in several African countries, including South Africa, Rwanda, Mozambique, Kenya and Cameroon, partnering with a number of international donors and partner organisations to provide software solutions to improve health outcomes in low resource settings.
Job Title: Program Manager
Location: South Africa
Remuneration: Jembi offers a highly attractive remuneration package commensurate with qualifications and experience.
The purpose of this position to work within the Programs Division, reporting to the Programs Director, and be responsible for one or more program areas. This will include guiding activities, implementing agreed approaches, policies and plans; planning and being accountable for program deliverables (risk assessment, resource allocations, budgets); communicating work planned and done to key stakeholders; managing and developing program strategies, budgets, technology, analyses and organizational processes to compete and succeed in a complex and changing economy.
- The Program Manager will be responsible for efficient management of Jembi’s program and service delivery collaborations in the program area. Different aspects of the core deliverables may include healthcare systems change management and interpretation of healthcare system specifications into technology requirements.
- The Program Manager is a field authority and strategist, specializing in leading teams through the formulation and execution of program plans, strategies and functions.
- The wide variety of tasks performed by the Program Manager will include: defining TORs for projects; managing program level risks; account management; relationship management between employees and external consultants; handling daily staff assignments; planning and administering budgets; controlling income and revenue across programs; evaluation and report writing and, managing sensitive communication strategies across geographically dispersed locations in South Africa.
- Directing, defining and coordinating program resources and issues, are key functions in the Program Manager role. Establishing objectives, developing requirements, planning schedules and estimating costs are considered paramount tasks.
- Relevant tertiary level training and advanced knowledge in medicine, public health, computer science, information systems, or a related field
- A minimum of ten years’ experience in a relevant senior management, academic or international position, working with highly-skilled professionals and/or managers in health information systems, with cross-cultural experience
- Leadership skills including the ability to innovate and strategize in the domain of health information systems
- Management skills, including the ability to develop and manage a team of technical and programme management professionals
- Ability to represent Jembi at a relevant level with donors, government, international organisations and partners
- Excellent English language proficiency
- Computer literacy in common business productivity software, including Microsoft Office
- Valid driver’s license
- South African citizen or work permit holder.
- Desirable Attributes
- Masters degree or PhD in Business Administration, Health Sciences, Public Health, Statistics, Computer Science, Information Systems or similar
- Ability to conduct implementation research and write high quality reports
- Knowledge and experience of health systems strengthening and health information systems development in low resource settings as well as the priorities and programmes of international donors
- Programme and project management skills and experience, including project development, budget preparation, expenditure tracking, monitoring and evaluation, narrative and financial reporting
- Knowledge and/or experience of establishing country offices, strategy development, programme implementation, operational management and resourcing
- Knowledge of rules and procedures, as well as experience in budgeting and development of grant and project proposals, for international funding agencies such as CDC, USAID, PEPFAR, EU, WHO, UNICEF etc.
- Proficiency in other Southern African languages is preferred but not required.
Interested applicants are invited to submit an application to [email protected] and include a comprehensive CV, covering letter and motivation including how the candidate matches the person specification and job function, described above. Telephonic enquiries can be directed to the HR manager at the Jembi Health Systems Cape Town office on +27 21 701 0939.
Application Deadline: Monday, 26 August, 2019