JET Education Services (JET) is an independent, nonprofit organisation that works with government, the private sector, international develop-
ment agencies and education institutions to improve the quality of education and the relationship between education, skills development and the world of work.
Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Intern
Job Location: Johannesburg
This is a fixed-term contract that will run for one year and be subject to renewal
The purpose of the Intern is to support the Monitoring and Evaluation Division in delivering high quality monitoring and evaluation work which supports an evidence-based approached to education policy and planning and which sets high quality standards for the education sector.
- Assist the Monitoring and Evaluation Executive and Specialist Mangers and Monitoring and Evaluation project officer in preparing for project inception attend inception meetings and develop work plans
- Assists with project planning and preparation to facilitate a smooth implementation of project activities
- Maintain an understanding of projects and plans in line with budgets
- Keep project managers updated on a regular basis as required
- Assist with presenting research findings
- Contribute to the development of proposals for new projects
- Collect primary data for projects as required
- Bachelor’s Qualification (Social Science or similar) or a post-graduate qualification in Monitoring and Evaluation
- Knowledge/understanding of research and Monitoring and Evaluation principles, practices and how they relate to education
- Attention to detail
- Time management skills
- An interest in and passion for research, Monitoring and Evaluation and education issues
- Reading, writing and communication skills
- Confidentiality, intern will work with sensitive information which must be treated as confidential
- Be in possession of a driver’s licence
To apply, submit application to [email protected]
Late applications will not be considered.
Application Deadline: 1st August 2018