Posted on :
14 Sep, 2012
14 Sep, 2012
Job Title: Rotating Equipment Fitter 2
Location: Durban , KZN , SA
Reports to: Rotating Equipment Engineer
Job Type: Permanent
Education Required: Trade Test
Level of Experience: 11- 15 years
Qualification: Mechanical Fitting
Skills Required: Field Service
Job Category: Engineering
Salary Structure: Total Cost to Company
The core tasks and activities will be:
• Leading, coordinating, optimizing and controlling all RE mechanical activities in the specific RE field.
• Making sure that all programmed planned mechanical work is scoped, planned properly, and executed in accordance with the Zone plans.
• Making sure that all mechanical activities are executed in accordance with the agreed business processes and that the quality of work is of the required standard.
• Being responsible for ordering spare parts, using the available processes and monitoring the availability.
• Participating in the set-up of programmed maintenance plans and ensuring proper execution.
• Staff development through on the job coaching and passing on of technical knowledge.
• Achieving the target Key Performance Indices (KPI’s) as set by the Section.
• Development, implementation, monitoring and reporting of progress on staff development and competency assurance plans.
• Writing and reviewing procedures, unit checks and work instructions.
• Initiating and contributing to mechanical-related incident investigations and reporting.
• Making sure that all maintenance activities are executed within budget.
• Playing a key role in adhering to health, safety and environmental procedures, and propose suggestions for improvements, all in accordance with ISO 14001.
• Initiating and running with Management of Change (PCR’s) and ensuring correct implementation.
• During Shutdowns to take responsibility of Running Equipment within a specified Zone. To oversee contractor staff and ensure successful repairs and commissioning.
• Support Plant Commissioning; Project implementation and commissioning of new projects.
• Focus on equipment failure analysis and bad actor identification with a view to reduce plant trips due to RE equipment.
The Minimum requirements are:
• Be a qualified Mechanical Artisan with at least a N4 qualification and +10 years Senior Artisan Refinery experience. Also has acted in a supervisory role.
• Have a thorough understanding of related tasks & activities.
• Have a strong background in Rotating Equipment.
• Have a good understanding of the relevant technical, engineering, safeguarding and HSE aspects related to the job.
• Have leadership capabilities.
• Have good problem solving and decision making skills and be able to operate effectively within a complex environment and under pressure.
• Be a strong achiever, and be capable of setting and meeting deadlines.
• Have the ability to communicate well with all levels in the organization, and to work in a team.
• Rotating equipment maintenance experience.
• Potential to be attain leadership skills.
• Good written communication.
• Excellent safety performance.
• Have strong inter-personal skills, be highly motivated and must be able to partner with other Refinery disciplines.
• Ability to work in a team and to communicate well with peers, supervisors, external customers and vendors.
• Has plant commissioning experience.
• Be computer literate, and be able to work with the job related programs (MS-Office, Pacer, AIM, Oracle etc).
• Understand RCA processes and bad actor elimination.
• Have strong ethical standards and be able to work under pressure.
• Have a high level of safety awareness.
• Demonstrate role model behaviour in all SAPREF standard business processes